INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT
- Cable exex clash on fees. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/14/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the debate between Leo Hindery, chairman-chief executive officer of the YES Network and Fred Dressler vice-president of programming for Time Warner Cable Inc. regarding the cost of broadcasting sporting events in the U.S. Disagreement expressed by Dressler on the stand of YES that...
- A Tale Of Two Power Brokers. Kosterlitz, Julie // National Journal;10/17/2009, p12
The article features the New York City multimillionaires, free-marketer and investment banker Mallory Factor and liberal populist and former cable-industry mogul Leo Hindery, who attempted to run for the U.S. Congress. It describes the relationship of Hindery and Senate Majority Leader Tom...
- Business/Finance:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p3
Reveals that Leo Hindery of InterMedia Partners LP had made an equity investment in The Sportsman Channel.
- Hindery To Shepherd GlobalCenter IPO. Smetannikov, Max // Inter@ctive Week;12/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the planned initial public offering of GlobalCenter, a division of Frontier Communications, with its hiring of Leo Hindery as its chief executive. Goal of the IPO; Business focus of the company; Remarks from Paul Santinelli, chief technology officer of GlobalCenter.
- Definitions and applications of basic investment mathematics: Complex bonds and hybrid securities. Masson, Dubos J. // Journal of Corporate Treasury Management;May2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p265
This is the third in a series of four papers that discuss the definitions and applications in the area of basic investment mathematics. This particular paper provides an overview of the mathematics involved in the pricing and valuation of complex bonds and hybrid securities, such as...
- Hindery Steps to Plate On YES, Industry Issues. // Multichannel News;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p3
Presents an interview with Leo Hindery, president of Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network. Opinion on the complexities of the cable television market; Views on the plans of the network on the availability of rights; Remarks on the rumors of the resignation of former Turner Sports president...
- Hindery blasts high cost of talent. // Electronic Media;09/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p1
Focuses on Leo Hindery, TCI president, opposition to the high salaries of actors and sports stars. Why Hindery opposed the salaries; Comments from Hindery; Information on celebrities and their salaries.
- Hindery Backs Plans For Formula 1 Race On Streets of Jersey. // Multichannel News;10/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p4
The article reports on the efforts of telecommunications executive Leo J. Hindery to bring a Formula 1 car race in New Jersey by being the chairman of the project called Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial.
- Re-regulation risky for cable: Hindery. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;05/04/98, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p72
Presents information on the views of Leo Hindery Jr., president of TCI company on re-regulation in relation to the cable television industry. Comments made by Hindery at a speech in Washington Metropolitan Cable Club; Reference to the 1996 Telecommunications Act; Indepth look at Hindery's views.