INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- Further take-overs on the way, says consultant. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;May2002, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p13
Reports the forecast of mergers and acquisitions of food and drink companies in Great Britain. Interest of private equity firms in food businesses; Factors contributing to merger activities; Decline in the average deal size.
- On the merge of a breakdown. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;Jul2008, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p3
The author reflects on the merger in the British food and drink manufacturing sector. He asserts that the increasing commodity, fuel and energy costs, further mergers and job losses are inevitable. He adds that merger and consolidation is not only a trend in Great Britain, but worldwide. He...
- Over-cautious OFT will hamper growth. Browne, Shaun // Grocer;3/2/2013, p24
The author comments on the mergers and acquisitions among food and drink manufacturers in Great Britain in an attempt to create shareholder value.
- Big fish, BIGGER fish. Higgins, Kevin T. // Food Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p62
Takes a look at the world's 100 largest food and beverage companies as of October 2000. Rankings based on food sales; Merger and acquisition activities; United States food companies' ignorance of investor dissatisfaction; Segment reports; Emergence of Nestle on top of the list. INSETS: Top...
- SUPPLIER BRIEFS. // Beverage Industry;Nov2001, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on the developments in beverage industry in the United States. Acquisition of Mont LLC by Knapp Logistics and Automation Inc.; Expansion of ultra-high pressure food processing technology of Fresher Under Pressure Inc.; Appointment of William Barker as chief executive officer of Rexam...
- M&A deals up 20% in 2012 as market heads back to pre-crisis level. Montague-Jones, Guy // Grocer;1/19/2013, p9
The article reports on the increase in merger and acquisition deals in the British food and drink sector in 2012, according to Oghma Partners.
- DHA Poised to Enter the Food and Beverage Market. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;4/8/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 14, p14
Reports that decosahexaenoic (DHA) acid is targeting the food and beverage industry after years of market development and research by DHA producers. Value of the potential global DHA market in the food and beverage industry; Acquisition of OmegaTech Corp. by Martek Biosciences Corp.; Focus of...
- Food fight. Light, Deborah // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/30/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6226, p63
Analyzes consolidation trends in the food and beverage industry. Maturity of the industry for consolidation; Companies involved in market rationalization; Factors expected to drive consolidation in the industry.
- M&A activity in food and drink surges to pre-recession levels. // Grocer;1/30/2016, p9
The article reports on the revival of the merger and acquisition activities in the food and drink industry of Great Britain in 2015-16. It states that surge in the inward investment in the food and beverage sector of the country from overseas was found by Grant Thornton LLP under its study of...