New REIT Niche: Off-Campus Housing
- REIT IPOs take pounding in increasingly tough market. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/25/98, Vol. 64 Issue 21, p11
Presents information on the problems confronting real estate investment trusts (REITs) and initial public offerings(IPOs) in the United States during 1998. Information on the performance of Equity One Incorporated's IPO; Comments from Joe Missett, head of equity capital markets at CIBC...
- Why REITs face a merger-driven consolidation wave. Scherer, Phillip S. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p40
Discusses the increase in initial public offerings (IPO) among real estate investment trusts (REIT). Effect of IPOs to the REIT market; Management pressures; Bullet loan burdens; Ranking of REITs. INSETS: The morning after (activities after merger).;The trend-setters in property REIT...
- Health Care REIT raises $1.1B in public offering. // Medical Device Daily;2/29/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p3
This article reports on the completion of a public offering of Health Care REIT in February 2012.
- Blundy's Aventus Property to test IPO window. // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/28/2015, p14
The article informs that real estate investment trust of Brett Blundy is preparing for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) to raise 1 billion dollar.
- Roundup: IPO At Hotel Firm. // National Mortgage News;5/30/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p21
Reports on the initial public offering planned by DiamondRock Hospitality, a company that invests in upscale hotel properties. Expected price range of shares; Plan to get shares listed on the New York Stock Exchange; DiamondRock's choice to acquire real estate investment trust status.
- HomeBanc Latest To Eye REIT Status. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;3/8/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p8
Reports that the HomeBanc Mortgage Corp has converted into a real estate investment trust (REIT). Name of the new REIT; Announcement of the public offering of stock; Assessment of the changes within the company.
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;9/8/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 192, p4
This article reports that Health Care REIT has priced its underwritten public offering of seven million shares of common stock at $48 a share. According to the company, investor demand led to an increase in the offering size. It is estimated that gross proceeds from the offering will be around...
- Sponsor Backing in Asian REIT IPOs. Wong, Woei-Chyuan; Ong, Seow-Eng; Ooi, Joseph // Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics;Feb2013, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p299
This paper tests the significance of sponsors in REIT IPOs viz-a-viz quality certification, signal of firm value, and commitment to alleviate moral hazard concerns. We model the REIT pricing and sponsor share retention decisions within a simultaneous decision framework as motivated by Grinblatt...
- KKR Outs REIT. Koch, David // Retail Traffic;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p48
Reports on the initial public offering for the KKR Financial Corp., the real estate investment trust of Kohlberg, Kravis, Roberts & Co. in Maryland. Price of the corporate stocks; Efficiency of the exit strategy from the mortgage market; Corporate focus on the real estate debt market.