Secured Single-Drug Notes Take Off
- Carving up loans in Japan. // U.S. Banker;Jan2000, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p16
Reports on Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.'s securitization of bad real estate loans in Japan. Bank's representation of 700 properties; Purchase of loans from banks and insurance companies; Government regulations' effect on the securitization of bad loans.
- MSDW pledges its faith to European asset-backeds. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/23/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 41, p10
Announces the establishment of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter's securitization research presence in London, England in year 2000. Impetus for the move; Background on the company's international securitization research operation; Opportunities seen in the European asset-backed...
- Morgan Stanley encourages investors to eye Spanish RMBS. Corrigan, Colleen // Asset Securitization Report;8/5/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the call of a report issued by Morgan Stanley for investors to explore the RMBS market in Spain. Stability of the RMBS market; Impact of long-term lending on market development; Illustration of rate of Spanish RMBS issuance.
- Phone Lease ABS Cameos in Market. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;04/10/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the asset-backed offering introduced by Morgan Stanley Dean Witter to buyers when it closed a telephone lease receivable transaction. Source of cash flows that backed the securities; Structure of the deal.
- Hope Seen for European Securities. // American Banker;1/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 15, p12
Presents information regarding the European asset-backed securities market this year. Addresses claims that bankers expect mortgage-related deals to continue to dominate in Europe; Provides details of a speech given by Robert Paterson, a vice president of European asset-backed research at Morgan...
- MS structures AIRPT repackaging. // Asset Securitization Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 48, p14
Reports that Morgan Stanley Group Inc. has closed a repackaging of impaired-aircraft asset-backed securities notes. Issuance of the ABS through the bank's Combination Repackaged Asset Backed Securities II shelf; Rating of the ABS.
- CMBS booms in first half, slowdown expected. K.S. // Asset Securitization Report;7/9/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p12
Presents the increase in market volume from Commercial Mortgage Backed Securitization (CMBS) issuance. Recognition given to Morgan Stanley for CMBS; Reference to the survey on the decline of issuance; Largest contribution of Morgan in the market.
- U.K. Student Loans--Still Not Making The Grade... Gillman, Robert // Asset Securitization Report;06/18/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 24, p24
Focuses on Morgan Stanley Dean Witter's assessment of securitization of British student loans. Fitch's report on the British student loans transactions in Great Britain; Basis behind reaffirmation of ratings for all classes of THESIS and HONOURS 2; Examination of servicing performance; Deferral...
- European combos growing. Jennings, John // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/09/98, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p37
Focuses on the report made by London-based Morgan Stanley Dean Witter on the continued consolidation in the non-life sector of the insurance industry of Europe. Implications of the consolidation; Brief information on the distribution systems in Europe; Assessment on the life insurance sector.