More Bush cynicism
- Family Reunion. Sidey, Hugh // Time;9/13/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on the reaction of former U.S. President George Bush to his son George W. Bush's second Republican National Convention where he accepted his party's nomination for a second term in office. Amazement felt by Barbara Bush at how much the family had matured in four years; Appearances the...
- Is Bush Unbeatable? Jeffrey, Terence // Human Events;4/28/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 14, p7
Compares the political prospects faced by former U.S. President George H.W. Bush and his son President George W. Bush. Approval ratings of the two presidents; Difference in their relationship with the Republican base.
- Bush Redux. Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News & World Report;01/22/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the differences between former President George Bush and President-elect George W. Bush. View that the president-elect is more politically savvy; Closeness of the father and son; How both men are willing to work with other political parties. INSETS: 'I'm at peace...I know what I want...
- Who's better? Bush 41 or 43? Bedard, Paul; Parker, Suzi; LaGesse, David; Newman, Richard J.; Whitelaw, Kevin // U.S. News & World Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 21, p7
Offers a comparison between United States presidents George and George W. Bush by White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card. Description of an exchange between the two the first time that the younger Bush entered the Oval Office; Comparison of their habits and differences in their emphases on...
- Name That Tax. Fund, John H. // American Spectator;Mar2007, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p58
The article discusses tax increases in the context of the Democratic takeover of the U.S. Congress. Although U.S. President George W. Bush took the Americans for Tax Reform pledge against tax hikes, his press secretary, Tony Snow, declines to rule out a tax increase. The increase approved by...
- LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON? Schneider, William // National Journal;7/20/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p2202
Compares the political careers of former U.S. President George Bush and his son U.S. President George W. Bush, in relation to the corporate accounting scandals in the U.S. Their business background; Influence of a president on the stock market; Overall job rating of George W. Bush.
- TIME TO MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY. Zakaria, Fareed // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/3/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6281, p95
States that United States President George W. Bush needs to follow his father George H.W. Bush in handling foreign relations. Failure of George W. Bush's foreign relations decisions in his first year of presidency; Reasons for the inappropriateness of Reagan-style foreign policies in the 21st...
- George W. Bush. // U.S. News & World Report;1/30/95, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on George W. Bush, son of the former President George Bush, who was sworn in as the Republican governor of Texas. How he has declared himself the `Personal Responsibility Governor.'
- SECOND ACTS. Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News & World Report;2/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p76
Focuses on the activities of former United States President George Herbert Walker Bush since he left office. Decorations in his Houston, Texas office; His visits to son, President George W. Bush.