A New Class of Intelligent Tools for Leveraging Dynamic Energy Pricing
- The human role in tools for improving robustness and resilience of critical infrastructures. Amantini, Aladino; Choras, Michal; D'Antonio, Salvatore; Egozcue, Elyoenai; Germanus, Daniel; Hutter, Reinhard // Cognition, Technology & Work;Jun2012, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p143
This paper presents a project dedicated to the development of means for improving the resilience of Critical Infrastructures (CIs) with respect to cyber attacks. The ability to sustain and protect the flow of information and data and the possibility to early detect, isolate and eliminate cyber...
- Keeping Up with Building Controls. Bittner, Robert // Buildings;Jun2010, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p18
The article offers tips on how facilities managers can make building control systems work better for buildings in the U.S. It says that building control technologies have significantly changed, which have seen a movement from open-protocol to web-based systems. The author believes that it is...
- Energy: Competition and efficiency. // Buildings;Jun96, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p96
Focuses on energy efficiency and competition issues related building management. Electric utility deregulation; Electricity futures markets; Pollution prevention.
- Make property more attractive with an EPC. Radcliffe, Sue // Estates Gazette;1/23/2010, Issue 1003, p44
The article suggests managing obsolete buildings by measuring their inefficiency through energy performance certificates (EPC) in Great Britain.
- Control your destiny. Sullivan, C.C. // Buildings;Feb95, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the use of automated systems for energy conservation in buildings. Use of controls; Enhancement of a pneumatically optimized system; Indoor air quality concerns; Controls in packaged terminal air conditioners. INSET: Controls--the way we are, by Richard Jackson..
- In Demand. O'Shea, Neil // Buildings;Aug2002, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p30
Presents tips for building managers in controlling electricity costs through peak shaving. Development of a peak shaving strategy; Implementation of peak shaving; Details of how to build a peak shaving plan that is effective for a particular facility. INSET: A Close Shave.
- Dispelling myths about intelligent-management tools. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Dec2009, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p7
The article offers information on the common myths of intelligent infrastructure management (IIM). It states that IIM is not only for large enterprises but applicable also small as well as medium-size businesses (SMBs). Moreover, its all about organizations empowerment in implementing an...
- Intelligent Building Management Systems using Multi Agents: Fuzzy Approach. // International Journal of Computer Applications;Jan2011, Vol. 14, p9
The article discusses a simulation of intelligent building management system using multi agents that have fuzzy approach. Using Matlab and the fuzzy toolbox, it is shown that parallel processing nature in the multi agents enhance the system's speedup. It says that intelligent building management...
- From Distributed Supervisory Control to Enterprise Integration: Coordination Support for Operational Environments. Jones, Patricia; Jasek, Christopher // Group Decision & Negotiation;May1998, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p249
Enterprise integration research focuses on the development and integration of models with the goal of analysis and improvement of an enterprise. Cognitive engineering research focuses on the problem solving requirements of humans in complex systems with the goal of designing more effective...