Commissioning Makeup-Air Units
- Back 2 Basics. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p12
The article focuses on the reheat and humidification part of the sequence of operation of the heating ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) system for the main distribution frame room. The design intent of the system is to maintain constant space temperature and humidity year round. The building...
- Application of Fault Detection and Diagnosis Techniques to Automated Functional Testing. Kelson, Richard M.; Wright, Jonathan A. // ASHRAE Transactions;2005, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p964
Extensive research in the field of fault detection and diagnosis has produced useful tools and techniques that have been applied to continuously operating building HVAC systems. A few researchers have applied some of these to commissioning of new buildings. This paper reports on a project that...
- Reinventing HVAC Design. Rumsey, Peter; Lotspeich, Chris // Environmental Design & Construction;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p26
Discusses the principles of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration design for environmental buildings in the U.S. Climate control strategies; Mechanical system design as a key feature of sustainable buildings. INSET: Key Resource Efficiency Design Principles..
- Underground effort reforms City Hall's comfort. // Engineered Systems;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the installation of a geoexchange system at the city hall of Auburn, New York. Advantages of the geoexchange system over conventional heating systems; Challenges in the installation of the pipes of the geothermal system so that it would blend with the landmark building's design.
- Commissioning: getting it right. Ellis, Rebecca Thatcher // Engineered Systems;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the commissioning process in the installation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (hvac) systems in buildings. Elements of the commissioning process in building environmental engineering; Details regarding the continuous commissioning process; primary difference between...
- Hvacr designer tips. McKew, Amanda E. // Engineered Systems;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p48
Presents different punchlist checklists intended to keep an accurate track of field notes, observations, and specifications when undertaking building heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system upgrades. Specification punchlist checklist; Details punchlist; Drawing punchlist checklist.
- Additions and Corrections. // ASHRAE Handbook: HVAC Applications (9781931862226);2003, pA.1
The article presents several corrections to the articles in the "2000 to 2003 ASHRAE Handbook Series" including wrong number printed in page 7.28, first column, third paragraph, third line up and wrong year printed on page 42.14, second column, last reference both of the "2000 Heating,...
- A Method for Geo-Exchange Suitability Assessment. Schillereff, H. Scott; Johnston, Katherine S.; Quibell, Jeff D.; Kiernan, Aidan // ASHRAE Transactions;2008, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p293
A new method for geo-exchange suitability assessment is presented that provides a rational process for evaluating project factors, site characteristics, and ground coupling options leading to objective decision-making in the owner's interest. We present a discussion of the need for such a method...
- China takes the heat off workers. // Cabinet Maker;7/29/2005, Issue 5449, p35
Reports on the increasing demand for air conditioning in Beijing, China. Reason for the demand; Impact of the trend on several industries.