HVAC Integration Is Key to Hospital Renovation/Construction Project
- Shard act to follow. // Building Products (02618761);Sep2014, p12
The article announces that Guy's Hospital Tower in London, England was able to reclaim its title as the tallest hospital building in the world following a refurbishment. A feasibility study commissioned by the Neighbouring Housing Services (NHS) Foundation Trust of Guy and St. Thomas revealed...
- New look at St. Mary's designed to reflect quality of healthcare service. McNamara, Patrick // Inside Tucson Business;6/16/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 55, p4
The article reports on the restoration of Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital in Tucson, Arizona, which is worth two million dollars.
- Hospital construction recovering after lapse. Trager, Cara S. // Crain's New York Business;11/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p30
Reports on an increase in construction and renovation projects of hospitals in 2002 in New York City. Percentage increase in hospital renovation and construction projects for the nine months ended September 30, 2002; Construction companies which are bidding for the projects; Conditions to be...
- Bigger Holy Family complex. // Journal of Business (10756124);9/30/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 20, pB11
Presents a photograph of the expansion and remodel project of the Holy Family Hospital.
- STAGE BY STAGE. Eagle, Amy // Health Facilities Management;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p14
The article features Northwestern Memorial Hospital's Prentice Women's Hospital building in Chicago, Illinois. When the building was opened in 1975, it was designed to accommodate less than 5,000 births annually but in 2007, more than 10,000 babies were born in the facility. Although intricate...
- Fairview heart center expansion includes first ambient lab in U.S. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p5
The article reports that Fairview Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio, has installed an ambient catheterization laboratory as part of its expansion and renovation strategy. The hospital has become the first in the U.S. to install an ambient catheterization laboratory that uses light and sounds to calm...
- Emory hospital provides oasis in midtown Atlanta. Martineck, Trish // Health Facilities Management;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Discusses a redevelopment initiative underwent by Emory Crawford Long Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia, as of March 2004. Information on the services offered at Emory Crawford; Details of the redevelopment project; Construction problems that the project faced; Features of the redeveloped Emory...
- Medical Lake hospital plans upgrades worth $1.3 million. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);10/20/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 22, pB2
The article reports that Eastern State Hospital at Medical Lake in Washington has issued a qualifications request for an architect to provide design services for its plan of a 1.3 million dollars projects that include Westlake building renovation and Eastlake building security improvements.
- Holy Family modernizes patient-room floors. Crompton, Kim // Journal of Business (10756124);4/21/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 9, pB5
Reports on the renovation work at the Holy Family Hospital in Spokane County, Washington. Project phase; Cost of the project; Converting the hospital's former semiprivate rooms into private rooms; Aesthetic improvements.