Rightsizing Air Handlers for Lowest Life-Cycle Cost
- Palm Down. Gallacher, Karen // Walls & Ceilings;Feb2010, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p24
The article discusses the challenges in the construction of The Palm, a high-scale hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The resort hotel was constructed in just 31 months on The Palm Jumeirah, a man-made island in Dubai. The materials used in building the hotel to comply with the Green Building...
- What's in a Name. Hosey, Lance // Architect;Aug2010, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p31
The article presents the author's insights regarding the sustainability in architectural design, in which according to author Alice Rawsthorn, is one of the most significant issues that is being faced by the designers.
- It's Green But ... SEVILLE, CARL // Remodeling;May2014, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p40
The article reports that the installation practice makes effective while constructing a green building.
- Let the Green-Rating Games Begin. D'Antonio, Peter C. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p13
The article offers a look at the competition between commercial green-building rating systems. Green Globes was based on the British-developed Building Research Establishment's Environmental Assessment Method. The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design rating system offered by the U.S....
- OLD BUILDINGS MATTER TOO. Kahn, Eve M. // Town & Country;Apr2008, Vol. 161 Issue 5335, p131
The article focuses on the initiatives of American architect to development and renovate sustainable buildings and become environmentally friendly.
- SUPER SHELTERS. LOZANOVA, SARAH // Green Builder Magazine;Oct2014, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p10
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on design and construction of sustainable or resilient buildings.
- GREEN STAR-PERFORMANCE LAUNCHED. // Building Economist;Dec2013, p3
The article announces that the Green Star-Performance rating tool was launched by the Green Building Council of Australia to measure existing buildings and identify pathways to improve financial and environmental sustainability.
- Green and Filled with Products. O ’Toole, Patrick L . // Qualified Remodeler;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one about the profile of a project that won a Gold Award for Green Remodelling in the 2007 Master Design Awards and another on developments related green building trends by Harry Spaulding.
- Building owners, architect. Erem, Suzan // Contractor Magazine;Jun2007, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the green building seminar participated by about 100 plumbing contractors and inspectors held in Oak Brook, Illinois on May 9, 2007. The event was sponsored by the Plumbing & Mechanical Contractors Authority of Northern Illinois. The event focused on two green projects in...