Miami-Dade Commissioners Vote To Approve Marlins Ballpark Deal
- OKLAHOMA: Ballpark Design:Thumbs-Up. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/31/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33089, p9
The article reports on the move of Tulsa Stadium Trust to approve the exterior design of the city's new downtown ballpark in Oklahoma. It states that the ballpark is being financed in part with proceeds from $25 million of general obligation bonds supported by an annual assessment on property...
- Downtown Miami Baseball Stadium Deal Clears First of Three Hurdles. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p3
This article reports that Miami City Commissioners have agreed with terms of a memorandum of understanding, which calls for the city to issue $120 million of revenue bonds as their share of the cost to build a $420-million ballpark for the Florida Marlins. The city's approval is the first in a...
- Minnesota's List of Stadium, Ballpark Proposals Stands at 10. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p26
Reports on the proposal of stadium screening committee on the stadium plans for Major League Baseball in Minnesota. Terms of the football stadium proposal; Budget for the ballpark; Importance of bond issue for the proposal.
- Cardinals Unveil New Downtown St. Louis Stadium Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p6
Features the plans unveiled by the Saint Louis Cardinals baseball team for a downtown stadium in Saint Louis, Missouri that would rely on revenue bonds. Value of the project; Architectural plans and general financing scheme; Cardinals' contribution to the project; Facilities planned for the...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p35
Presents a chart depicting the legislative status of bonds in the U.S. Prohibition of municipalities to seek demands from waste hauling companies; Enactment of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond; Restoration of the flow control program.
- Moody's: North Carolina Counties Come Out on Top. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p4
Reports the edge of counties in North Carolina over counties in other states in terms of credit ratings of bonds. Role of the Local Government Commission in the counties' success; Average bond rating given by Moody's for the bond issues of the state; Importance of the issues to the state.
- Growth paradox: Rise of new cities dilutes coverage of Florida county offering. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30485, p30
Focuses on how the creation of new cities is forcing the Volusia County, Florida, to attach weaker security than usual to its $59.3 million, sales tax-backed bond issue set for the week after September 24, 1998. Insurance of the issue through MBIA Insurance Corp.; Underlying ratings; Purpose of...
- San Jose Sets $116 Million GO Sale, Prepares for Plethora of Future Deals. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds by the city in San Jose, California. Amount of the bonds; Credit ratings of the bonds; Proceeds of the bond sale.
- Philadelphia Surpasses Its Historical Average With $300 Million Tran Sale. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the generation of surpassing tax and revenue anticipation bond sale by the city officials in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Amount of the bonds; Price setting of the bonds by the Commerce Capital Markets; Credit rating of the bond sale.