NGA Chairman: Medicaid Talks Progressing
- Medicaid: Top 20 States by Enrollment. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p48
This article presents statistical information on the enrollment of people in the Medicaid program in several states of the U.S.
- No permission needed. Fong, Tony // Modern Healthcare;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the proposal of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush to lift a requirement for the states that apply for federal permission to tinker with their Medicaid programs. Additional federal Medicaid funding that will be available during the first year of the program; Details...
- Medicaid Cuts Hurt the Poor. // America;5/2/2005, Vol. 192 Issue 15, p3
Comments on the effect of the cuts made to Medicaid on the poor in the U.S. Purpose of Medicaid; Factors that caused the rising cost of medical care; Medicaid beneficiaries who will be affected by the cuts in Medicaid.
- Even as fiscal crises ease, states will be hard put to fix Medicaid gaps. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2004, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p76
Presents information on a 2004 survey of the 50 U.S. states, conducted by the Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured (KCMU), which revealed that few states will have the fiscal resources to fill Medicaid gaps. Factors which influence states to cut Medicaid, according to Diane Rowland,...
- Why States Are So Miffed about Medicaid ï¿½ Economics, Politics, and the ï¿½Woodwork Effectï¿½. Sommers, Benjamin D.; Epstein, Arnold M. // New England Journal of Medicine;7/14/2011, Vol. 365 Issue 2, p100
The author comments on the debate over the proposed expansion of Medicaid in 2014 under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in the U.S. It discusses how some features of the legislation render Medicaid a fiscal threat and administrative challenge for states whose budgets are already in predicament. It...
- Change In Challenging Times: A Plan For Extending And Improving Health Coverage. Lambrew, Jeanne M.; Podesta, John D.; Shaw, Teresa L. // Health Affairs;Jan-Jun2005 Supplement Web Exclusiv, Vol. 24, p119
Some speculate that Americans are neither politically capable of nor morally committed to solving the health system problems. We disagree. We propose a plan that insures all and improves the value and cost-effectiveness of health care by knitting together employer-sponsored insurance and...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Modern Healthcare;9/29/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p9
Presents information on the average annual growth rates of total Medicaid spending from 1997-2003. Increase in Medicaid spending in 2003.
- Medicaid. Rosenbaum, Sara // New England Journal of Medicine;2/21/2002, Vol. 346 Issue 8, p635
Focuses on Medicaid, a governmental program in the United States that provides federal assistance to states operating approved medical-assistance plans. Discussion of the program; Controversial aspects of Medicaid; Efforts to reform Medicaid; Speculation on the future of the program.
- Evaluating the Tobacco Settlement Damage Awards: Too Much or Not Enough? Coller, Maribeth; Harrison, Glenn W.; McInnes, Melayne Morgan // American Journal of Public Health;Jun2002, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p984
Objectives. This study compared the present economic value of the 1998 tobacco settlement with the present economic value of the damages attributable to tobacco. Methods. The 1987 National Medical Expenditure Survey was used to estimate the smoking attributable fraction (SAF) of medical...