NGA Chairman: Medicaid Talks Progressing
- Medicaid: Top 20 States by Enrollment. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p48
This article presents statistical information on the enrollment of people in the Medicaid program in several states of the U.S.
- No permission needed. Fong, Tony // Modern Healthcare;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the proposal of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush to lift a requirement for the states that apply for federal permission to tinker with their Medicaid programs. Additional federal Medicaid funding that will be available during the first year of the program; Details...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Modern Healthcare;9/29/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p9
Presents information on the average annual growth rates of total Medicaid spending from 1997-2003. Increase in Medicaid spending in 2003.
- Medicaid. Rosenbaum, Sara // New England Journal of Medicine;2/21/2002, Vol. 346 Issue 8, p635
Focuses on Medicaid, a governmental program in the United States that provides federal assistance to states operating approved medical-assistance plans. Discussion of the program; Controversial aspects of Medicaid; Efforts to reform Medicaid; Speculation on the future of the program.
- Evaluating the Tobacco Settlement Damage Awards: Too Much or Not Enough? Coller, Maribeth; Harrison, Glenn W.; McInnes, Melayne Morgan // American Journal of Public Health;Jun2002, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p984
Objectives. This study compared the present economic value of the 1998 tobacco settlement with the present economic value of the damages attributable to tobacco. Methods. The 1987 National Medical Expenditure Survey was used to estimate the smoking attributable fraction (SAF) of medical...
- A Call for Coverage. Pollack, Rick // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2007, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p90
The article reports on the formation of the Health Coverage Coalition for the Uninsured (HCCU) by the American Hospital Association (AHA). According to the author, the groups that formed the coalition set aside political and ideological differences to create a two-pronged proposal calling for...
- Understanding The Recent Growth In Medicaid Spending, 2000-2003. Holahan, John; Ghosh, Arunabh // Health Affairs;Jan-Jun2005 Supplement Web Exclusiv, Vol. 24, p52
Growth in Medicaid spending averaged 10.2 percent per year between 2000 and 2003, resulting in a one-third increase in program spending. Spending growth was lower from 2002 to 2003 because of slower growth in enrollment and in spending per enrollee, particularly for acute care services, and...
- Variations In The Impact Of Health Coverage Expansion Proposals Across States. Glied, Sherry; Gould, Douglas // Health Affairs;Jan-Jun2005 Supplement Web Exclusiv, Vol. 24, p259
Most estimates of the consequences of alternative health insurance proposals focus on national impact, but the extent of cross-state diversity in uninsurance rates, economic and labor-market characteristics, and health care markets suggests that the impact of strategies will also vary. We...
- Medicaid Cuts Hurt the Poor. // America;5/2/2005, Vol. 192 Issue 15, p3
Comments on the effect of the cuts made to Medicaid on the poor in the U.S. Purpose of Medicaid; Factors that caused the rising cost of medical care; Medicaid beneficiaries who will be affected by the cuts in Medicaid.