Cost-Cutting Seen by New Missouri Budget Director
- Chicago Announces $50 Million in Cuts in Effort to Bridge Budget Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32005, p4
Reports on budget cuts in Chicago, Illinois in effort to bridge the budget deficit. Reduction of employee positions; Privatization of custodial services at O'Hare International Airport; Investment earnings the city expects to collect annually; Effect of flat revenue growth, increasing employee...
- Legislative failed state's taxpayers. // Journal of Business (10756124);5/5/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, pA4
Comments on the legislative preference for general-fund spending with tax measures in Washington. Failure of budget to take into account the state's increasing health care costs; Reduction in state spending by requiring public employees to pay a realistic share of the cost of their health-care...
- Budget Performance Index, 2005. Karabegovic, Amela; Veldhuis, Niels; Clemens, Jason // Fraser Forum;Feb2005, p31
Provides information about the performance of the federal and provincial governments in Canada in terms of taxing, spending and managing financial resources. Rank of Alberta based on budget performance index; Changes in tax revenue as a percentage of gross domestic product.
- States cite Medicaid budget squeeze. // AHA News;10/18/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p2
Reports on the increase in Medicaid spending of several states in the U.S. in 2003. Total state Medicaid spending for the year; Number of states that experienced Medicaid budget shortfalls; Forecast on Medicaid budget for 2004.
- Fiscal Commission Should Have Said: Cut Spending. HENSARLING, JEB // Human Events;12/13/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 43, p8
The article contends that every penny of spending across the entire U.S. federal budget should be scrutinized to ensure that taxpayers' money is not wasted. The author supports the adoption of H.R. 4529, Paul Ryan's Roadmap for America's Future, H.J. Res. 79, a Spending-Limit Amendment to the...
- Before the Fall. Crowley, Michael // New Republic;8/27/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 9/10, p16
Offers projections for the United States Congress and its treatment of budget issues following its vacation. View of Democrats that U.S. President George W. Bush's tax legislation will require taking money from Medicare and Social Security; Comments from various Democratic lawmakers; Views from...
- On-Budget and Off-Budget Receipts by Source. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2004, p15
Presents a table about the U.S. federal government's on-budget and off-budget receipts by source for the first-quarter of fiscal 2004. Social insurance and retirement budget receipts; Individual and corporation income tax budget receipts; Old-age, disability and hospital insurance budget receipts.
- Ending '04 on Budget. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p27
Reports on the statement by Arkansas financial officials that state revenues were adequate to end the 2003-2004 fiscal year on budget. Prioritization of expenditures according to need; Revenues from increased taxes; Assessment of services, such as tattooing, for the state sales tax starting July...
- Budget Receipts by Source, Fiscal Year to Date, 2003-2004. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2004, p13
Presents a graph about the budget receipts of the U.S. federal government for fiscal 2003 and 2004. Decrease in individual income tax budget receipt in 2004; Increase in corporate income tax budget receipts in 2004.