Travis County, Tex., Readies $95 Million GO Refunding
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Post Minor Gains, Providing Stability. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Provision of minor gains, stability and buoyancy to investors; Optimism of the participants due to a repricing of the treasury and municipal markets; Impact of the trend toward higher interest rates.
- Chicago Seeks Out Retail. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32179, p1
Reports on the plan of the city of Chicago, Illinois to include in its upcoming new-money and refunding bond sale a tranche of retail-oriented securities that will be marketed to individual investors. Goal of the move to broaden the city's investor base; Structure of securities that will be...
- Robbing Peter to Pay Paul and the General Fund. Ford, John Patrick // San Diego Business Journal;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p51
The article focuses on the financing scheme involving the transfer of enterprise funds into the general fund used by former San Diego, California managers and accounting staff. According to the author, there have been reports that a portion of enterprise reserve funds was not used for the...
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;1/25/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32554, p25
The article presents a compilation of results of election in New Jersey as of January 23, 2007. Among the approved legislation are those issued by Allamuchy Township, Ridgefield Borough, and Westfield Town. Information on amount and uses of the bonds is offered. Brief descriptions of the...
- Funding. Nolan, Bruce // Journal: American Water Works Association;May2007, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p42
The article reports on a trend in which local governments and municipal governments in growing communities and cities seek alternative options for financing water-supply engineering, waterworks, and wastewater treatment projects in the U.S. Municipal finance options include grants-in-aid, state...
- Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority OKs $95 Million of Bans. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32179, p36
Reports on the plan of the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority to sell tax-exempt bond anticipation notes as part of the upstate city's fiscal recovery. Value of the bonds considered for sale; Underwriter of the transaction; Credit rating assigned to the deal by major rating agencies.
- Nassau oversight board maintains full staff despite county's progress. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p7
Reports on the plans of the Interim Finance Authority in Nassau County, New York. Role of authority officials in monitoring the county's budget and financial condition; Administration and management of the authority; Sale of bonds for the county.
- Jackson County, Mo., Signs Off On Sale for K.C. Stadiums. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/19/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32426, p38
The article reports on the approval of the Jackson County, Missouri Legislature for the competitive sale of up to $448.5 million of voter-approved special obligation bonds. The proceeds will be used to finance the renovation of the sport stadiums used by the Kansas City Chiefs and the Royals....
- Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article focuses on the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Bidders are enticed into the market due to new bond issues including the one billion-dollar of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority bonds. According to traders, tax-exempt yields decline by two or three basis points as dealers...