Fitch Ratings Adds Three New Executives to Public Finance Unit
- Nassau Still Negative. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/7/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32461, p31
The article reports on the Fitch Ratings Inc.'s ratings on bonds in Florida. Fitch has kept its negative rating on Nassau County's estimated $34 million of Series 2001 outstanding public betterment revenue bonds. According to analyst Kelly McGary, the rating mulls ongoing worries on the county's...
- Fitch: Management Decisions Key for Calif., Ill., N.J. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34205, p1
For Fitch's lowest rated states, California, Illinois and New Jersey, management decisions over the near term will be key to credit quality, according to a Fitch Ratings report.
- Questions Linger in New Orleans Even as Louisiana Stabilizes: Fitch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32504, p40
The article reports on the significant challenges that lingers in New Orleans and Orleans Parish, despite economic improvements sought in Louisiana and several local governments hit by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005. Fitch Ratings Inc. director Laura Porter says that New Orleans' future is...
- Fitch Moves to Update Its Review of Pension Obligations. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;2/22/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33470, p3
The article reports on the plans of Fitch Ratings Ltd. to update its review of the long-term pension obligations of states and municipalities in the U.S. under the company's evaluation of public finance credits.
- Fitch Raises Miami Credits to A-Minus and A, But Keeps Eye on Tax Reform Bill. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/19/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32653, p32
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. upgraded the general obligation bonds of Miami, Florida to A-minus from BBB-plus and its unlimited ad valorem tax bonds to A from A-minus. While the upgrades reflected improvement in Miami's financial health, analyst Kelly McGary said the new credit...
- Downgrades Beat Upgrades Again, Fitch Says. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;6/28/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33540, p6
The article reports on the prevalence of downgrades over upgrades on the ratings of public finance in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2011, according to Fitch Rating Ltd's report.
- Beaufort County Stabilizes. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32495, p33
The article reports on Fitch Ratings' decision to revise the rating outlook for Beaufort County, South Carolina to stable from negative. Fitch Ratings revised its rating to reflect Beaufort County's improved financial performance. The article also reports on the affirmation of the county's...
- Ratings Agencies Comment on Puerto Rico Pension Decision. Slavin, Robert // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;4/17/2014, p2
The article reports on statements issued by ratings agencies Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's regarding the pending decision of the Puerto Rican government on the teachers' pension system. The ratings agencies said it will be a credit negative if the government fail to find a solution to the...
- Fitch Drops Troubled Bell, Calif., to Junk Status. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/18/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33368, p6
The article reports that credit rating agency Fitch Ratings Ltd. downgraded the ratings of Bell Public Financing Authority's 50 million dollars worth of outstanding general obligation bonds from A plus to BB and its taxable pension obligation bonds from A plus to BB minus in California.