Medicaid Reform a Top Concern for Governors
- Tennessee May Expand Medicaid Program. // HomeCare Magazine;Jan2006, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p14
The article reports that Tennessee may expand Medicaid program. Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen is proposing to enroll more "medically needy" residents in the Medicaid program after cutting 1,91,000 Medicaid beneficiaries from the state's rolls last year. The plan would increase TennCare...
- TennCare Changes. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p27
The article reports that Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen has announced that he would not convert TennCare to a Medicaid program. However, revisions would be made to reap at least half a billion dollars in savings. TennCare is expected to generate cost savings of at least US$575 million in the...
- 25 Percent of TennCare Enrollees Cut; Child Coverage Preserved. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2005, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the efforts of Tennessee governor Phil Bredesen to reduce the revenues needed for TennCare's 2005 to 2006 fiscal year. Decrease in adult enrollees who are not eligible for conventional Medicaid; Plan of Bredesen for TennCare to return to a managed care model; Financial risks.
- TennCare Repair. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31829, p31
Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen has laid out his comprehensive strategy for fixing TennCare, the state's Medicaid program for the poor, disabled, and uninsured. Bredesen said his plan would generate more than $2.5 billion in cost sayings over a four-year period. The plan would remove more than...
- Raters Shrug Off Tennessee Plans to Target Rainy-Day Fund. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31586, p4
Reports on the warning given by Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen that the state's rainy-day fund will have to be depleted to help do away with a $500 million budget shortfall. Observations made by an analyst at Moody's Investors Service Inc. on state's economic conditions; Tax package passed by...
- Tennessee governor ready to reform TennCare; FL. plan comes under fire. // AHA News;1/24/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the plan of Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen to restructure the Medicaid managed care program of the state, as of January 2005. Changes to be made to the program; Estimated cost of the plan on hospitals; Reaction of the Tennessee Hospital Association on the plan.
- TAKING ON A BUDGET-BUSTING MESS. Schulte, Bret // U.S. News & World Report;2/21/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p38
Reports that proposed budget changes by President George W. Bush will hurt the poor and uninsured get medical treatment. Announcement by Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen that he must cut 323,000 poor from its Medicaid backed low income assistance program which is devouring one third of the...
- Tennessee Governor Delays Budget for Stimulus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33060, p4
The article reports on the announcement of Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen that he would delay submitting his budget until Congress passes an economic stimulus bill. The governor planned on making $900 million of cuts to his budget proposal, but delayed presenting it because he believed the...
- Education 'Vital' in Bredesen Budget. Sack, Joetta // Education Week;4/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p29
No abstract available.