Concern With Heavy New-Issue Supply Leads Municipals Down
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- Municipals Rise on Coattails Of Continuing Treasuries Rally. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market rose on October 14, 2004, as Treasuries continued to rally, stimulating tax-exempt buyers-particularly relative-value payers and tender-option bond programs-to step up their bids and come off the sidelines. Impact of rising oil prices and speculation that...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed Ahead of Nonfarm Payrolls Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p2
Reports on the outcome of the municipal bond trading in the U.S. as of October 6, 2005. Unwillingness of buyers to take on more paper out for the bid; Continuation of the activity of long bonds; Composition of the bonds involved during the trading session.
- March Sees Large Spike In Issuance. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p1
Reports that issuance in the long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. has picked up in March 2004. Comparison with issuance levels in earlier periods; Projected increase in borrowing by states, local governments and municipalities over the next few months.
- Muni Issuance for 1Q Up 17.1% From Year Before. // Bond Buyer;4/1/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33292, p25
The article discusses the increase in municipal issuance for the first quarter of 2010 in New York City. It states that even if primary market is operating with little influence from credit enhancement, the increase in municipal volume is all the more surprising. Also provided are charts...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p14
Presents the results of negotiated municipal bond sales in the United States as of August 5, 2005. Tuscaloosa Special Care Facilities Financing Authority's Weekly Variable Rate Residential Care Facility Mortgage Revenue Bonds; Brentwood Infrastructure Financing Authority's Infrastructure CIFP...