Concern With Heavy New-Issue Supply Leads Municipals Down
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p26
Presents a list of the activities in the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 22, 2004.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- Municipals Finish Little Changed Ahead of Nonfarm Payrolls Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p2
Reports on the outcome of the municipal bond trading in the U.S. as of October 6, 2005. Unwillingness of buyers to take on more paper out for the bid; Continuation of the activity of long bonds; Composition of the bonds involved during the trading session.
- Yield Indexes Mixed Despite Overall Declines in Treasury Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p36
Reports on the Bond Buyer's municipal bond indexes in the U.S. for the period February 26 to May 20, 2004. 20-Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Revenue Bond Index; Municipal Bond Index yield to maturity.
- Municipals Hold Their Own As Treasuries Reach Negative Territory. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32105, p2
Reports on the financial performance of the municipal bond market in New York. Assessment of the relative cheapness of the bonds; Computation of the waste system revenue bonds; Influence of higher energy prices on inflation.
- SOUTHWEST REGION: Full Year. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p28
Presents statistics on bond issues in the Southwest region in the U.S. as of February 10, 2004. Total of private placements and municipal forwards notes and remarketings; Number of issues; Volume.
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...