Michael Brilley of Sit Investment Associates
- Minneapolis manager looks outside the big cities for high-yield health credits. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;08/19/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30460, p6
Focuses on Sit Investment Fixed Income Advisors Inc. President Michael Brilley's assessment of municipal bond investments made by the tax-free fund in Minnesota. Areas with the most yield outside the Minneapolis and Saint Paul region; Deals preferred; Scoring for Sit's fund; Reason for liking...
- A CLEVER STRATEGY FOR BONDS. McLean, Bethany; Gunn, Eileen P. // Fortune;8/5/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p233
Interviews investment adviser Michael Brilley on how to invest in bonds. His job as chief fixed-income investment officer for Sit Investment Associates in Minneapolis; The 10 to 15-year maturity range offering the best risk/reward ratio in July 1996; Municipal bonds; Strategy for keeping his...
- Minneapolis Finn Launching Private Investment Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/21/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32407, p6
The article reports on Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Sit Investment Associates Inc.'s launching of a private investment fund that buys closed-end municipal bond funds. The firm is also planning to roll out another fund that will buy high yield municipal bonds. The funds should be considered hedge...
- Sit takes long view. Clowes, Michael J. // Pensions & Investments;8/9/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p10
Editorial. Profiles Gene Sit of Sit Investment Associates. His views about the sale of the investment management firm; Total assets managed by Sit Investment Associates; Correction on the Dow Jones industrial average expected by Sit.
- LaCERS Scores A New Small-Cap Growth Manager. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;1/29/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the small-cap growth equity portfolio awarded by Los Angeles City Employees' Retirement System of Los Angeles, California to Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Sit Investment Associates Incorporated.
- GENE SIT: BULLISH ON EQUITIES. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;1/6/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p14
Presents views of chief investment officer Sit Investment Associates Inc. Eugene C. Sit on the development of the U.S. economy during the year 2002. Expected rates of gross domestic product, inflation and unemployment for the year 2003; Important sectors for investment; Changes in the U.S....
- Fixed Income -- Municipals: Top 10 Performing SMA Institutional Managers. // Money Management Executive;3/7/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p20
The article presents a list of top 10 performing SMA Institutional Managers. Some of the firms included in the list are, Sit Investment Associates Inc. Lord, Abbett & Co., Berkshire Asset Management, Chelsea Management Co. and Morgan Stanley Investment Management Inc.
- HIRINGS. // Pensions & Investments;11/26/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p32
The article offers business related news briefs. The company BNP Paribas Securities Services has been hired by the company Aon Master Trust as master custodian of its pension fund. The company Kansas City Public School Retirement System has hired Denver Investment Advisors Inc. for handling the...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.