Sheila Amoroso, Ben Barber of Franklin Advisers
- Franklin, king of the muni world, flexes its muscles in the new-issue market. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;08/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30448, p9
Focuses on the investment strategies by Franklin Advisers Inc. Activities in the new-issue market; Top performing funds by Franklin; Franklin's focus on maintaining current income in the face of maturing high-coupon bonds; Portfolios in New York City.
- Amoroso and Costas to head Franklin. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/24/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30775, p2
Reports that Franklin Advisers Inc. appointed senior vice president and portfolio manager Shiela Amoroso and vice president and director of municipal research Rafael Costas as co-heads of the municipal department.
- Franklin Advisers Takes Long-Term Approach. Takaha, Eric // High Yield Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p3
Focuses on the investing strategies of Franklin Advisers Inc. Long-term approach to the high yield market; Emphasis on securities across the markets; Interest in lower quality insurance.
- Final Hurdle Between Stockton and Bankruptcy Exit. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;11/22/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F346, p1
The article reports on the conflict between city of Stockton, California and its creditor financial planning firm Franklin Advisers Inc. It sates that the entities are in conflict over city's lease revenue bonds worth dollar 35 million and suggests that the deal with the company may help...
- $1B California Deal Draws Mixed Reactions From Fund Managers. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p1
Reports the reaction of fund managers to the sale of general obligation bonds by the state of California. Attitude of the state treasurer toward the sale; Comment of investment advisers on the bond sale; Projects intended for the bond proceeds.
- California managers' flexibility helps keep them on top. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30658, p6
Reports on the flexibility of California fund managers. Swapping of bonds; Performance of Mello-Roos land-backed financings.
- To bolster money funds credit picks, keep your eye on 'why, how, and what'. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30675, p8
Reports that portfolio managers in the United States need to keep track of every bond purchase to ensure their credit-selection policies are foolproof. Development of good credit policy.
- Fund managers relieved to leave 1994 far behind them. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30328, p6
Focuses on the views of fund managers over the bond market trends experienced by the United States in 1994. Bearishness of market movements according to James Gammon from Lebenthal Asset Management; Low rates of yields in the bonds managed by Insight Investment according to firm official Raye...
- Managers seek better rapport with issuers, dealers. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30575, p29
Reports that investment managers are seeking better rapport with bond issuers and dealers in the United States. Flow of information between lender, borrower and underwriter; Buy-side questions. INSET: Florida Mayor Looks For Dollar Stretchers.