Stock jitters, extra cash fueled January's portfolio boom
- Bonds post gains on stock losses. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p1
Provides information pertaining to the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States for the week July 29 to August 4, 1998. Bond yields; Gains posted as losses in the stock market mounted; Negotiated offering of the San Diego water system certificates of undivided interest.
- Tax-exempts end up only slightly as stocks plunge on fed concerns. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/05/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30801, p2
Evaluates the performance of the United States bond market for the first week of January 2000. Stock market selloff; Performance of municipal bonds; Impact of planned interest rate increase on blue-chip stocks; Closing prices.
- Municipals Post 1/4 Point Gains As Players Await Calif., Conn., Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p2
Highlights municipal bond trading in the United States as of June 16, 2000. Secondary market activity; Secondary dollar bond trading; Bond prices in the Treasury cash market.
- Muni Prices End Narrowly Mixed As Treasuries Rise on Stock Losses. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30872, p2
Reports the stock market performance of United States municipal bonds in April 14, 2000. Market participants' preparation for US Treasury and stock market volatility; Settlement of US Treasury into a tight range; Minimal activity levels; Inflation indicators.
- Munis heat up after release of February non-farm payroll report. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p2
Reports on the improved market performance of municipal securities in the United States on March 5, 1999. Impact on the stock and bond markets; Traders' reaction to the news; Performance of 30-year bonds; Records posted by the stock market; Major deals for the week; Economic indicators for the...
- Munis Again Unchanged to Slightly Weaker. // Bond Buyer;5/5/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33108, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal market in the U.S. Accordingly, the Standard & Poor's 500 finished up at 3.39 percent to 907.23 after posting gains of 9.4 percent in April 2009. It notes that the activity was light, suggesting that the steady gains in the equity markets...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p36
Presents several market indicators in the United States (US) as of October 2001. Stock exchange performance of municipal bond issuers; Credit calendar of the US Treasury Department; Graphical data on the daily trading of municipal bond index.
- Muni regime questioned. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/19/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30644, p1
Cites the Bond Market Association's request to the United States Senate Banking Committee to consider drafting legislation to require the US Securities and Exchange Commission to study the feasibility of imposing corporate-style disclosure standards on municipal issuers. Part of the group's...
- ICI says unstable stock market helps boost national municipal funds. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;10/01/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30490, p35
Reports on the results of a study conducted by the Investment Company Institute on the performance of the stock and municipal bond markets in the United States during the month of August 1998. Increase in the assets of tax-exempt funds; Volatility of the stock market; Increase in new money...