Texas city faces allegations of skirting open-meeting law
- Sandy Oaks City Council. // Wilson County News;9/9/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p5A
The article offers information about Sandy Oaks City Council's meeting in Texas in September 2015.
- Public access laws gain regulatory teeth. Jaeger, Bethany // Illinois Issues;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 35 Issue 7/8, p11
The article reports on the approval of the General Assembly for the legislation that strengthens the Illinois Freedom of Information Act and the Open Meetings Act in Illinois. It is the primary objective of the legislation to improve access to information in the legislative process to show the...
- Alleged oversight leads Kyle Council to violate state law. SEVILLA, ANDY // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/23/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 42, p1A
The article reports on the violation of the Open Meetings Act by council members in Kyle, Texas when they met without posting required notice of the meeting and deliberated on a bond election aimed at addressing city roads in disrepair.
- The Land Board Shuts Out the Public. Tummons, Patricia // Environment Hawai'i;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the violations of the Sunshine Law committed by the Board of the Land and Natural Resources of Hawaii due to its failure to announce its briefings and meetings. Information on the Sunshine Law; Discussion on the lawsuit filed by the journal "Environment Hawai'i" and Common...
- MAYOR CHARGES COUNCIL WITH FOI VIOLATION. // Quill;Apr2004, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p27
A Pennsylvania mayor filed a criminal complaint January 29, 2004 alleging that the Darby Borough Council had broken the state's open meetings Sunshine Act law. Council President Janice Davis called the complaint grandstanding, but Mayor Paula M. Brown contended the measure was necessary to...
- Metropolitan Council. // Minnesota State Register;10/13/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p518
The article provides notice on public hearing and meetings on Metropolitan Council's operating division Metro Transit Service Improvement Plan in Minnesota in 2014. The notice encourages people to attend the public meetings scheduled on November 5, 8, 15 and 17. Information on its registration...
- IN FEDERAL AGENCIES. // Education Week;10/5/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p9
The article offers information on the administrative agencies' meetings and programs for September 1983 in the U.S.
- Notices: PRIVACY AND CIVIL LIBERTIES OVERSIGHT BOARD. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/17/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 116, p36279
The article offers information on the U.S. Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board's Sunshine Act Meeting to be held in Washington, D.C. on June 29, 2013.
- Ketchikan Resource Advisory Committee. DeFreest, Jeff // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;8/9/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 154, p47592
The article offers information about the public meeting of the Ketchikan Resource Advisory Committee to be held on September 11, 2012 in Alaska.