Chicago purchasers' Feb. index hits 52.9%
- Steady growth expected until yearend. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/96, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p68
Cites the expected expansion of the economy of the Chicago area in Illinois during summer 1996 and its slowdown by yearend 1996. Data from the April 1996 Crain's/DRI index of leading economic indicators; Effect of higher interest rates on spending; Insured unemployment rate.
- Chicago economy still strong, despite rate hike, gas prices. Arndorfer, James B. // Crain's Chicago Business;08/28/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p20
Focuses on indicators of economic strength in Chicago, Illinois for the first half of 2000. Growth of gross regional product; Average earnings of area businesses.
- Drowsy economy likely to stir soon. Knapp, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the expected revival of Chicago, Illinois' economy after weak performance as of November 1999. Decline in the index of economic indicators; Factors behind the economic slowdown in Chicago; Projections by economists on the temporal nature of any decrease in economic growth.
- Local economy dips as malaise spreads. Arndorfer, James B. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/18/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p33
Reports that the economy of the six-county region that includes Chicago, Illinois has declined in April 2001. Decline in the manufacturing sector; Slowdown in factories; Growth in non-manufacturing employment; Growth of the construction industry.
- A bump follows a slump in area economic index. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/27/95, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p38
Presents the Crain's/DRI index of economic indicators for October, 1995.
- Chicago PMI Down To 53.9% in May. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;06/01/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30903, p2
Reports on the fall of Chicago, Illinois' business indicator Chicagoland Business Barometer in May 2000 on a seasonally adjusted basis.
- Chicago purchasers' Nov. index up to 50.2. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/01/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30530, p2
Focuses on the increase in the business barometer for Chicago, Illinois in November 1998.
- Crain's index rises again in September. Knapp, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;11/16/98, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p25
Reports on `Crain's' newspaper's economic index for Chicago, Illinois, in September 1998. Industrial output; Retail sales; Economic forecasts for coming months; Consumer confidence.
- ECONOMY. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 27, pF6
Presents information about the economy in Chicago, Illinois. Disposable income; Trading at Chicago exchanges; Earnings by industry; Business bankruptcy.