4th-quarter growth stronger at 6.1%
- Get set to grow. Herbert, Andrea // Electrical Wholesaling;Aug98, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p8
Discusses forecasted economic growth in the United States for 1998. Economic benchmark for 1998; Inflation as the main threat to the US economy; Performance of the industrial and commercial markets; Pent-up demand for utilities.
- Chicago PMI Jumps in Dec. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p2
Reports on an increase in the Chicago Purchasing Manager's Index, an economic indicator, in the United States in December 2000. Index readings that suggest an economic expansion or recession in the U.S.
- APICS Index Falls to 45.7. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p2
Reports on a decline in the APICS Business Outlook Index, an economic indicator, in the United States in December 2000. Measurement of the state of the U.S. economy and consumer sentiments; Indication of the market's renewed pessimism towards the manufacturing sector of the U.S.
- Leading Indicators Rise 0.3% in July. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p2
Announces the increase in the composite index of leading United States economic indicators in July 2001.
- Market Indicators . // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p44
Presents a chart depicting the performance of market indicators in the U.S. as of April 2002.
- The dreaded R word: what does it look like? Cimadevilla, Francisco Javier // Caribbean Business;3/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p12
Comments on the possibility of an economic recession in the United States. Economic indicators in the U.S.; Results of an analysis of consumer confidence levels; Conflicting signals sent by economic indicators in different industries.
- Flawed federal statistics paint confusing economic pictures. Ladd, Everett Carll // Christian Science Monitor;1/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 38, p18
Focuses on the deficient measurement of the United States economy. Issues related to economic findings; Deficiencies in the measurement of family income; Analysis of the Gross Domestic Product.
- The regional economy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan1994, p14
Presents regional economic trends in the United States. Unemployment rate from 1987 to 1993; Retail sales from 1987 to 1993; Composite index of leading indicators from 1989 to 1993; Manufacturing production from 1979 through 1993; Shares of nonfarm employment in Cleveland, Ohio from 1983 through...
- Economic activity. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb94, p8
Presents trends on economic activity in the United States. Hours worked and real gross domestic product (GDP) from 1990 to 1994; Real GDP and components in 1993; Consumer durable goods spending from 1991 to 1993; Residential construction from 1991 to 1993; Defense spending and nonresidential...
- Economic activity. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan1995, p8
Reports on economic activity. Real GDP and components; Exports and inventories; Hours worked; Index of leading economic indicators; Real nondefense capital goods order.