Detroit Medical Center closes Sinai Hospital
- One tough market: Detroit hospitals face heavy going. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;02/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30580, p26
Reports on the business challenges facing Detroit, Michigan-based hospitals. Hospitals' option of performing radical surgery to improve their finances; Debt downgrades suffered by Detroit Medical Center Inc.; Highly competitive condition of the Detroit market; Detroit Medical's plan to...
- Sinai Hospital on fast track to redevelopment. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;08/28/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the demolition of the vacant Sinai Hospital in Detroit, Michigan by the Detroit Medical Center for the site's conversion into residential and commercial use.
- Facing future. Raphael, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;2/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1
Reports that the future of buildings housing Hutzel Hospital and the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan in Detroit, are under review by their corporate parent, the Detroit Medical Center Incorporated. Financial issues; Joint venture plans; Feedback from David Campbell, president and chief...
- DMC and Sinai talking merger. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p38
Reports on merger talks between the Detroit Medical Center and Sinai Hospital. Consultant hired by Sinai to evaluate affiliation proposals; Number of health-care systems which have approached Sinai to discuss deals.
- Memo details losses, plans for cuts at DMC. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;1/6/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p18
Reports that the Detroit Medical Center Inc. (DMC) in Detroit, Michigan expects to post losses at many of its hospitals for 2002, thereby cutting salaries and vacations in 2003. Hospitals which are expecting losses; Hospital that are expecting profits; Improvement of the performance of hospitals...
- A second opinion. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;04/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p11
Comments on the St. Joseph Mercy Health System plans to establish an ambulatory center near facilities built by Providence Hospital and Medical Centers and The Detroit Medical Center following. Examination of the competition among medical providers in Novi; Questions relating to the fairness of...
- Hospital rivalry isn't healthy. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/19/98, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p8
Opinion. Comments on the feud between Providence Hospital in Southfield and the Detroit Medical Center (DMC). Allegations concerning Providence's efforts to recruit doctors from Detroit Medical; Plan of DMC to postpone its Sinai-Grace Hospital merger.
- Losses put DMC on Moody's watch list. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;11/23/98, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p37
Reports that the Detroit Medical Center (DMC) in Michigan has been placed on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s watch list due to mounting losses at the academic hospital system. DMC's projected operating losses for 1998; Downgrading of DMC's bonds from A2 to A3; Number of hospitals and clinics...
- Rivals Providence, Botsford show gains from DMC's pain. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;06/07/99, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p21
Discusses the impact of Detroit Medical Center's (DMC) financial problems on the Michigan-based hospital system's suburban competitors, Providence Hospital in Southfield and Botsford General Hospital in Farmington Hills. Exodus of patients from DMC hospitals to Providence and Botsford; Impact...