INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: ENERGY & POWER
- GLOBAL E&P. Maksoud, Judy // Offshore;May2005, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p10
This article presents news briefs related to global offshore oil business. Energy companies are showing continued interest in exploring for oil and gas in Alaska's Beaufort Sea. In late March, Santos Ltd. started production from its Mutineer-Exeter field 150 km north of Dampier in the Carnarvon...
- Analysts Shouldn't Pitch Deals, SSB Says. Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p17
Discusses the proposals for the further separation of research analysts from investment bankers regarding soliciting investment banking business and attending road shows in the U.S. in 2002. Proposal from Salomon Smith Barney and its parent company Citigroup; Information on the analyst reform...
- Chorus of operators calling for frac fluid disclosure. TRONCHE, JOHN-LAURENT // Fort Worth Business Press;4/26/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p18
The article reports on the willingness of ExxonMobil Corp. to support the disclosure of chemicals that are being used in hydraulic fracturing, as indicated in a statement filed by the company with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 2010. As noted, public pressure has an impact...
- International Resource Payment Info in 8-Ks a Source of Contention. Barlas, Stephen // Strategic Finance;Apr2011, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses the distinction between the verbs "furnish" and "file" with respect to a mandatory report that resource extraction issuers must supply to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Although the SEC says the reports may be furnished, U.S. Senator Carl Levin says it...
- 'Extreme energy' new threat to planet. WILSON, CHARLOTTE // Green Left Weekly;8/28/2013, Issue 979, p18
The article focuses on environmental threat to the Earth due to the implementation of extreme methods of fossil fuel extraction, as the easy-available sources are exhausted and also discusses issues related to the ratio between the amount of energy utilized and the energy extracted across the...
- The skills crisis in the pipeline sector of the oil and gas business. Hopkins, Phil // Journal of Pipeline Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p149
QIL PRICES are now (July 2008) passing the $ 140/barrel mark, and the demand for fossil fuels is predicted to increase rapidly over the next 25 years. The oil majors, such as Exxon Mobil, are recording record profits, and pipelines, the international oil and gas transportation system, are...
- Buried assets. // New Scientist;3/29/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 2962, p7
The article discusses an announcement by oil company Exxon Mobil in March 2014 on plans to leave fossil fuel reserves in the ground to combat global warming.
- The harm Exxon Mobilhas done. Oreskes, Naomi; Lieu, Ted // Hill;11/5/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 104, p20
The article reports harms done by Exxon Mobil, oil and gas company, due to spreading disinformation about climate change and mentions actions of corporation which denied climate science, research by the Exxon scientist on threat of disruptive climate change as a result of burning fossil fuels.
- SIA Questions SEC Analyst Reforms. // Traders Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 198, p16
Assesses the reforms proposed at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission. Relation of investment banking and financial research; Discussion on financial disclosure and regulations imposed on brokers.