Two Deals Ignite Healthcare M&A
- A whole new market. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;2/28/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the benefits of the proposal of pharmacy benefit manager Medco Health Solutions to acquire specialty pharmacy services company Accredo Health. Terms of the acquisition; Estimated consolidation in the U.S. disease-management industry by Peter Micca, a partner in the life science and...
- Medco buys Accredo speciality pharmacy. // Drug Topics;3/7/2005, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p8
This article reports that pharmacy benefit manager Medco Health Solutions Inc. will pay 2.2 billion-dollar in stock and cash to acquire Accredo Health Inc., a Memphis, Tennessee-based specialty pharmacy focusing on biotechnology drugs for costly chronic conditions such as hemophilia.
- PBMs Eye Specialty Drugs' Higher Margins. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p42
Offers observation on the merger activities in the pharmacy benefits management (PBM) industry in the U.S. Information on the merger deal between Medco Health Solutions Inc. and Accredo Health Inc. Explanation on specialty drugs; Factors behind PBM/specialty pharmacy mergers.
- IN THE NEWS. // Pharmacy Today;Sep2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p3
Presents several pharmaceutical-related news briefs. Issuance of the revised draft Standards 2000 by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education; Consolidation of Medco Health Solutions Inc. and Accredo Health Inc.; Purchase of Ivax Corp. by Israel-based Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- The Party's Just Getting Started. P., Shankar // njbiz;2/28/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p19
Presents information on several mergers and acquisitions in the telecommunications, real estate and pharmaceutical industries in the U.S., as of February 2005. Verizon Communications and MCI Communications; Mack-Cali Realty and AT&T; Medco Health Solutions and Accredo Health.
- TOP STORIES. // MondayMorning;7/7/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. in 2008. GlaxoSmithKline did not expect to win the approval for its key cervical cancer vaccine Cervarix until 2009. Medco Health Solutions Inc., CVS Caremark Corp. and Express Scripts Co. will merge their...
- TOP STORIES. // MondayMorning;7/25/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p1
The article offers news briefs related to pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. Express Scripts Inc. will acquire Medco Health Solutions Inc. for 29 billion dollars. The earnings of Eli Lilly and Co. in the second-quarter of 2011 declined by 11 percent. The profit of Novartis AG in the...
- DATAMONITOR: Medco Health Solutions, Inc. // Medco Health Solutions, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Oct2011, p1
A company profile of Medco Health Solutions Inc., which is a leading health care company that provides pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services through its national networks of retail pharmacies and its own mail-order pharmacies, as well as through Accredo Health Group Inc., is presented. Data...
- Growth prescription works for Medco. // Crain's New York Business;11/10/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p4
The article presents information on the financial performance of pharmaceutical company Medco Health Solutions Inc. Medco has posted an increase of 38% profit in the third-quarter of the financial year 2008. Medco has also announced that it will buy back $3 billion worth of its shares. For the...