Nowhere But Up For European Defaults
- Local defaults add to national record. Podmolik, Mary Ellen // Crain's Chicago Business;02/28/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the 1999 financial performance of junk bond investors in United States. Companies providing highest level in number of high-yield corporate bond defaults; Implication of corporate bond defaults on company revenue; Inability of making debt service payments; Impact of bond default on...
- Fitch: HY Defaults Up in Q3 But Still Low. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/25/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p10
This article reports on an increase in U.S. junk bond defaults in the third quarter of 2010.
- Riskiest bonds now make up more of junk mart than ever. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/99, Vol. 65 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the surge of default rate on high-yield bonds in the United States in 1999. Impact of tolerance for credit risk during 1997 and 1998; Percentage of junk bonds rated B3 or Caa; Effect of extended slump in oil prices.
- Q1: Record Defaults, Marginal Dollar Losses. // Bank Loan Report;4/22/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p3
Reports the rise in high yield defaults in bank loans in the U.S. in the first quarter of fiscal year 2002.
- High-Yield Defaults On the Rise Despite Booming Economy. Tarquinio, J. Alex // American Banker;4/30/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 82, p4
Discusses the growth of junk bond defaults in the United States in the first four months of 1999. Failure of companies to make payments on billions of dollars of junk bonds; Concern on the continued increase of high-yield defaults.
- Bond defaults on the upswing. // Home Textiles Today;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p16
Discusses the factors contributing to the widespread bond defaults in the U.S. Decision of Moody's Investors Service to revise its junk-bond default rate; Rate of corporate defaults.
- Junk Bond Defaults Rise to Seven-Year High . MANDARO, LAURA // American Banker;11/5/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 214, p3
Reports that non-investment-grade companies and foreign governments have been defaulting on their bonds at the highest rate since 1993. Number of issuers with credit ratings of Bal or lower that delayed or failed to make payments on their junk bonds in 1999; Causes of the high default rate.
- Junk bond investors seen getting hit for low-end buying in '98. Tarquinio, J. Alex // American Banker;3/4/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 42, p5
Reports on observers' opinion that junk bond default rates will continue to climb in 1999, pushed higher by a large number of low-rated issues that hit the market a year ago. Default rate for domestic and non-emerging market high-yield bonds; Relationship between risk and reward.
- The Changing Face Of Defaults. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;2/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the corporate default rates for the U.S. high yield markets. It is known that a boom in a new debt insurance drives up corporate default risk. But experts who have predicted a rise in the default rate have indicated that not all insurance booms are created equal. Using...