Coming Attractions: Exchange-traded CDS Indexes
- European high flyers. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2007, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p72
The article lists the top clearing firms of Eurex, Euronext and Financial Futures Exchange Madrid (MEFF) futures exchanges which includes Barclay's, Fimat and Altura.
- Market Liquidity in the FCOJ Futures Market. Ward, Ronald W. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Feb74, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p150
Speculation is essential for maintaining liquidity within futures markets. Deviations in speculative trading about a liquidity level may, however, distort market price performance. The liquidity level for FCOJ futures has been derived. Speculation in excess of liquidity occurred infrequently and...
- A foundation at risk. Szala, Ginger // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2011, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p8
The article offers the author's insights regarding the possible risk and outlook for the futures industry. The author mentions her apprehensions about broker companies after the bankruptcy of highly regulated firm MF Global Holdings Ltd. She reflects on the events preceding the bankruptcy such...
- London Clearing House (LCH) (UK). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p162
A definition of the term "London Clearing House (LCH) in Great Britain" is presented. It refers to the major clearing house for futures dealings in the London commodity market in most soft commodities and most metals, and also for options in certain soft commodities. All members of the LCH are...
- NEWS BITS. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug2005, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p17
Presents news briefs related to futures exchanges as of August 2005. New York Mercantile Exchange's introduction of sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide futures contracts on its Clearport platform; North American Energy Clearing, Clearing Corp. and the Intercontinental Exchange's launching of a...
- Turmoil Shows Risk of Clearing CDS. // American Banker;8/11/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 124, p3
The article discusses the the risks associated with credit derivatives if they are processed by central clearing houses in light of the financial market's volatility after the U.S. government's credit rating was downgraded.
- Chambre de Compensation des Instruments Financiers de Paris (CCIFP) (Fr.). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p43
Information about Chambre de Compensation des Instruments Financiers de Paris (CCIFP) is presented. It is the clearing house for a financial futures exchange in France.
- Sydney Futures Exchange to Take Over Austraclear. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;09/18/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p6
Reports that the Sydney Futures Exchange in Sydney, New South Wales, has agreed to take over Australian corporate debt clearinghouse Austraclear through a stock swap. Terms of the merger agreement; Reciprocal advantages of the entities involved in the consolidation deal; Impact of the merger...
- R.J. O'Brien snaps up Zap Futures. Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2004, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p17
Reports that R.J. O'Brien & Associates acquired introducing broker Zap Futures in March 2004. Zap's reputation as one of the first online futures brokers; Plans to expand on Zap's efforts in educating traders with Web-based seminars; Support provided by R.J. O'Brien to its introducing brokers;...