Missouri Transportation Agency Ready to Launch $1.7B Plan
- Arkansas Group Backs Amendment to Lure Business With GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p3
Reports on Arkansas business leaders' support to a proposed amendment to the constitution, allowing the state to issue general obligations bonds to lure businesses. Plans to use the bonds to finance incentives for companies in Arkansas; Terms of Amendment 2; Need for voters to approve the proposal.
- Fighting the tide. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p10
Opinion. Opposes the State Issue 1, a proposed constitutional amendment allowing the issuance of bonds for land preservation in Ohio. Supporters and endorsers of the amendment; Concern over the absence of specific language regarding the distribution of bond money; Cost efficiency of the land...
- ARKANSAS: Amendments Named. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33706, p9
The article reports on the approval of bond-related constitutional amendments in Arkansas by Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // East Bernard Express (TX);9/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 37, p5
The article discusses several constitutional amendments in Texas, including the amendment which allows legislature to permit a county to issue bonds to fund an area within the county, which authorizes governor to grant a reprieve, and which extends the length of unexpired term.
- Virginia Selling $179 Million of New-Money, Refunding GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/30/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31646, p5
Triple-A rated Virginia is expected to sell 179 million dollars of general obligation bonds on June 4, 2003 including the first 50 million dollar tranche from the more than one billion dollars in higher education facilities and parks and recreation bond package approved by voters in November...
- Utah Tackles Conversion. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/10/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31653, p1
This article reports on the schedule of Utah for going public with 462.1 million dollars of triple-A rated general obligation bonds on June 10, 2003. A significant portion of bonds will be used to convert outstanding variable-rate debt to the lowest fixed rates available in decades. The deal...
- LandSec to fund debt with Â£600m bond issue. // Estates Gazette;2/22/2003, Issue 308, p43
Reports on the plan of Land Securities to refinance its debt with bond issues as of February 22, 2003. Value of the bond issues; Implication of the move.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p31
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the U.S. Southwest region. Proposed amendments to the Arkansas Constitution; Development plans for railroad relocation in Texas; Acquittal of former salt Lake County Mayor Nancy Workman of misusing public funds.
- Washington Exceeds Recent Years With $439M Refunding. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;4/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32114, p36
The article informs that Washington is expecting to competitively sell $439 million of general obligation and fuel-tax refunding bonds, outpacing the total amount of refunding bonds it sold in 2003 and 2004. The large refinancing is the direct result of unusual market conditions that produce...