No Notes Is Good News
- Green, Ferrer Headed for N.Y. Mayoral Run-Off; Bloomberg Waiting. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31232, p31
Reports the primary mayoral run-off in New York, New York. Appointment of former Board of Education President William C. Thompson Jr. as the city comptroller; Percentage rate of votes based from mayoral primary run-off; Plan of Mark Green, Fernando Ferrer and Michael Bloomberg to run for mayor...
- N.Y.C. Comptroller Questions Manhattan Stadium Subsidy. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p36
Reports on the concerns of New York City Comptroller William Thompson about the public financing proposals for the redevelopment of Manhattan's far West Side. Details about the multi-faceted financing plans for the redevelopment project; Amount of investment in the project; Opinion of Thompson...
- Comptroller short list. Michaud, Anne // Crain's New York Business;10/30/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p3
The article focuses on issues related to the election of New York state comptroller. Westchester Assemblyman Richard Brodsky, city Comptroller William Thompson and investment banker William Mulrow are in the race to replace Alan Hevesi. The comptroller acts as a fiscal manager of state agencies...
- Former president of Bard of Ed runs for comptroller. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;7/19/2001-7/25/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 29, p5
Reports on former Board of Education President William C. Thompson Jr.'s announcement of his candidacy for New York City comptroller. Thompson's vision for the position; Proposal to stimulate the economic life of the city; Job experiences that made him qualify for the position.
- THE INSIDER. Engquist, Erik; Massey, Daniel // Crain's New York Business;7/27/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 30/31, p8
The article reports on New York City Comptroller William Thompson who has released a report discrediting mayor Michael R. Bloomberg's school statistics and has called for the firing of Chancellor Joel Klein. His campaign declared that Bloomberg's policies have failed New York's working families....
- New York City Deputy Comptroller Steps Down. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;9/11/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Horatio Sparkes as deputy comptroller of pensions for the City of New York to join California-based private equity firm, The Yucaipa Cos. According to William C. Thompson, comptroller of New York City, Sparkes has been an asset to the city's pension...
- Budget Deputy Named. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32065, p37
The article reports that New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson has announced the appointment of Marcia J. Van Wagner to the position of deputy comptroller for budget. Van Wagner will start in her new position on February 14, 2005.
- Kostik Named Deputy Comptroller For N.Y.C.'s Public Finance Division. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32482, p3
The article reports on the appointment of Carol S. Kostik as deputy comptroller for public finance under New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson. Kostik acts as senior vice president and chief financial officer at the New York City Housing Development Corp. She serves as the manager of...
- NYC's New Comptroller: Let's Rebuild. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p1
Reports that New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson asked the municipal bond industry to play a leading role in the rebuilding of lower Manhattan. Plans of the city for the selection of an underwriting syndicate; Use of talents of municipal market participants; Promise made by Thompson.