A 'Very Quiet Day' for Municipals As Market Shows Little Direction
- Munis Unchanged as Barrage of BABs Looms. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/18/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33168, p2
The article focuses on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. It notes that the municipal market was unchanged for the period beginning August 17, 2009, a week dominated by Build America Bond (BAB) issuance and will continue to experience the trend when more than 2 billion...
- Munis Start Week Largely Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32923, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. for July 21, 2008. It states that the municipal market was largely unchanged. Meanwhile, the Treasury market was mixed in the said date. The yield on the benchmark 10-year treasury note, which opened at 4.09%, finished at...
- Kansas City, Citing Projects to Revitalize Downtown Area, May Issue $95M in GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on Kansas City, Missouri's possible general obligation bond issues after a bond referendum approved by voters in April 2004. Recommendations on the size of the first deal; Use of proceeds from the planned bond issues.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds in the Midwest.
- Wake Co., N.C., To Sell $119M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p2
Reports that Wake County, North Carolina will sell general obligation refunding bonds. Capital plans of the county; Plans to issue remaining school and library bonds in 2006.
- Double-A Rated Boston Prepares GO Sale of $80 Million. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p28
The article reports that Boston, Massachusetts will sell general obligation debt valued at $80 million. The fixed-rate bonds will finance several capital projects. The bonds will be sold through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. The bonds will mature from 2007 through 2006 and insurance...
- City Getting A Bond Aid. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/22/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the plan by the Grand Rapids Building Authority to refund three new municipal bond series. City commissioners approved a refunding process that will put up to $35 million worth of municipal bonds on the market. The bonds will only be sold if the city can reap...
- LOCATIONAL LOGROLLING AND CITIZEN SUPPORT OF MUNICIPAL BOND PROPOSALS: The Example of St. Louis. Archer, J. Clark; Reynolds, David R. // Public Choice;Fall1976, Vol. 27, p21
Examines citizen support of municipal bond proposals to finance capital investments in service delivery systems based on the example of Saint Louis, Missouri. Strategy offered by Saint Louis bond proponents from the vantage point of electoral geography; Summary of Saint Louis City general...
- N.Y. Thruway Agency Plans to Sell $350M for Highways and Bridges. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32583, p4
The article reports on the plans of the New York State Thruway Authority to sell its tax-exempt serial bonds worth $350 million on March 13, 2007. Proceeds of the sale will be used to reimburse the state's financial expenditures made by the Department of Transpiration on its 5-year bridge and...