N.Y.'s Big GO Deal
- City credit lid tight. // Crain's New York Business;12/18/95, Vol. 11 Issue 51, p4
Reports on the statement by New York City Comptroller Alan Hevesi regarding the city's possible loss of borrowing authority due to its increased debts. Total amount of the city's debt; Decrease in debt cushion.
- 2nd Quarter Lineup. Larkin, Gary // Bond Buyer;4/19/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31865, p39
Reports on the tentative second quarter schedule for the sale of debt announced by New York Comptroller Alan Hevesi. Estimated total amount needed for new-money borrowing; List of administrative agencies who participated in the sale; Proceeds of the bond sale.
- N.Y.C. needs long-term funding sources, comptroller urges. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p6
Reports on New York City comptroller Alan G. Hevesi's projection that the city will run out of borrowing power in the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2000. Difficulty in repaying debts; Capital spending needs as estimated by the comptroller's office; Suggestion to use more pay-as-you-go spending...
- Up to $9B Planned in N.Y.in 4Q. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p1
The article reports on the plan of the New York State and some of the state's borrowing authorities to sell up to $9 billion of new-money debt in the final quarter of 2006. According to state Comptroller Alan Hevesi, the volume of debt on tap for the quarter of 2006 is more than triple the $2.9...
- Hevesi Says N.Y.'s Debt Burden Will Grow to $65B in Five Years. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p36
The article reports on the statement released by state Comptroller Alan Hevesi on debt burden in New York. According to Hevesi, the debt burden will grow by a third to nearly $65 billion in 2011. The New York City Transitional Finance Authority's building aid revenue bonds was singled out by...
- Campaigning New York Comptrollers Warn of Debt Capacity. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;02/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31075, p44
Reports on the concerns about debt capacity of New York. Warning given by Comptrollers H. Carl McCall and Alan G. Hevesi; Need to dedicate increased resources to higher education and job training.
- Hevesi Calls Debt Evil, Easy. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32298, p1
The article focuses on the views of New York comptroller Alan Hevesi on state debt. Hevesi criticized the move of the state to depend on debt. He encouraged state legislators to reform the use of debt. Specifically, he said that bad debt are those debts that will be used for operating costs....
- Hevesi Not Allowed to Audit NYID Liquidation Bureau. Breen, Carol // Insurance Advocate;8/1/2005, Vol. 116 Issue 16, p10
Discusses the ruling by the Manhattan Supreme Court that the New York State Comptroller does not have the authority to audit the State Insurance Department Liquidation Bureau, focusing on the case of Gregory Serio v. Alan G. Hevesi. Background of the case; Extent of the supervision and audit by...
- N.Y. Thruway Deal Put on Hold for Now. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;7/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32178, p1
Reports on the delay of the New York State Thruway Authority offering after state Comptroller Alan Hevesi requested that the agency delay its transaction while his office reviews the financing details. Hevesi's issue with the Thruway Authority's plans to refinance up to $3 billion of debt in a...