Insight Borrows Triple-Play Concept
- Birds may come to aid of Mets fans. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/3/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 21, p6
Reports that the fans of the baseball team New York Mets are targeted by satellite television distributors, DirecTV and Echostar. Disappearance of the team's first game from the television sets of 2.4 subscribers in New York City and surrounding areas.
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- Boxed Out. Dickson, Glen; Eggerton, John; Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the American Samoa region's application for a direct television coupon program has been delayed due to the failure of its residents to comply with regulations set by the National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA). The NTIA requires applicants to have...
- Satellite TV comes down to earth. // Consumer Reports;Jul2000, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p19
Compares the value of satellite dishes with that of cable television in the United States. Echostar; DirecTV; Quality of satellite programming; How to choose a satellite provider; Recommendations. INSET: Media giants clash, viewers suffer.
- DirecTV to Rabid NFL Fans: `Never Miss a Moment' with Sunday Ticket. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;07/24/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the advertising campaign of DirecTV for its Sunday Ticket pay television service for the National Football League in August 2000. Advertising agency of DirecTV; Marketing technique used by the company to communicate the basics of the Sunday Ticket package; Cost of the advertising...
- INSIDER'S VIEW: VIETNAM. Davies, Simon Twiston // Campaign;8/17/2007, Issue 33, p21
The article focuses on the pay television industry in Vietnam. This is one of the nation's fastest-growing business sectors as the number of households subscribing to cable and satellite TV services in Vietnam is expected to rise from 1.76 million in 2007 to 2.65 million next year. Urban...
- Future's bright for cable, satellite. Fine, Janet // Variety;5/9/205, Vol. 398 Issue 12, p32
Predicts the growth of cable and satellite television penetration in the Middle East and North Africa by 2010, according to TV Informa Telecoms & Media report. Percentage increase in cable and satellite penetration; Factors that influenced the penetration.
- SATELLITE STUDY. // Variety;9/27/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 6, pA1
Presents the results of the 2004 competitive market analysis study conducted by the Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association. Ranking of factors which contribute to the decision of subscribers to chose satellite television over digital cable; Representation of the overall...
- Future uncertain for US TV signal to China. Meyer, Richard // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;6/3/2005, p6
This article reports that New Tang Dynasty Television (NTDTV), a satellite broadcaster with dissident and Falun Gong connections, is urgently negotiating to keep its signal beaming to China beyond June 6 2005. The non-profit U.S. company is seeking continued use of Eutelsat's W5 satellite to...