Dialing Up New Features
- Comparison of different Channel Modeling Techniques used in the BPLC Systems. Anatory, Justinian; Theethayi, Nelson // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Aug2011, Issue 56, p981
The paper compares different channel models used for modeling Broadband Power-Line Communication (BPLC) system. The models compared are Zimmermann and Dostert, Philipps, Anatory et al and Anatory et al generalized Transmission Line (TL) model. The validity of each model was compared in time...
- Top Execs Push Broadband. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p34
Discusses the urge given by officials in the telecommunication industry for a policy on broadband access in the U.S. Identification of the officials that have cited the need for a broadband policy; Effort taken by the Computer Systems Policy Project for a national broadband policy; Status of the...
- The bandwidth bandwagon. Miller, Elizabeth Starr // Telephony;04/03/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p9
Focuses on the broadband communications market in the United States (US). Efforts of Broadwing to bring optical services in the US; Plans of Broadwing to deploy Corvis' CorWave products across its nationwide networks beginning with the Western half of the US; Details on the launching of...
- An Overview of Broadband Technologies. Sharathchandra, Chitra // Rural Telecommunications;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the application of broadband technology in the United States. Definition of broadband technology; Characteristics of the technology; Variants of the digital subscriber line.
- Spectrum scuffle. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;10/23/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 17, p8
Focuses on a White House executive memorandum calling for executive branch departments and agencies and the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to cooperate with the wireless industry to identify spectrum for high-speed, broadband 3G systems. Global bands that were identified...
- Global Crossing, Telefonica, 360networks in tight race to deliver undersea cable capacity to Latin America. // Lightwave;Nov2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p206
Provides information on the broadband undersea cable system development in South America. Predictions of the Yankee Group on the demand of undersea cable capacity in the area; Use of Internet in the Latin American region.
- Is PCS just another brick in the wall? Lindstrom, Annie // Telephony;12/5/94, Vol. 227 Issue 23, p5
Opinion. Discusses the negative impact of the broadband personal communication services (PCS) license auctions on the quality of PCS products. Criticisms on the communication systems owned by the author.
- Senators ask: What is broadband? Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p10
Focuses on the definition of broadband communication systems. Differences between the deployment of broadband technologies in urban and rural America.
- U.S. Broadband households. // Electronic Media;06/04/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p10
Presents a graph showing the growth of broadband households in the United States from 1999 to 2005.