SVOD Helps Cut Mediacom's Losses
- Report: Live Video Still Trumps Video-on-Demand. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/30/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p7
The article discusses Ooyala's "Q1 2012 Global Video Index" report, which tracks the viewing habits of viewers in 239 countries that found that viewers watched 53 minutes of live video per session on a connected television (TV), compared with 4.6 minutes of recorded or video-on-demand (VOD).
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p40
Presents programming highlights from the subscription video-on-demand offerings of several television networks for December 2004.
- Steadying the Breeze on The Gulf Coast. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p41
Features the cable television system of Mediacom Communications Corp. in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Upgrade done by Mediacom to the cable system since it acquired the system from Cablevision Systems Corp. in 1998; Goal of the cable system; Percentage of installations within the developments done by...
- I Want My Pay TV. // Latin Trade (English);Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p50
Presents a graphical representation of the growth of pay for television subscription in Latin America from 1998 to 2001.
- Cablers try digital entry. Foreman, Liza // Variety;07/26/99, Vol. 375 Issue 10, p24
Unveils plans for the relaunch of the digital pay television (TV) market and Premiere World in Germany. Role of Leo Kirch in the digital pay TV market; TV network executives who are participating in the launching; Applicants for digital pay TV.
- AXN increases relevance to go up against terrestrials. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/29/2002, p19
Focuses on development plans of action and adventure pay-television channel AXN to increase its viewership in Indian subcontinent. Special program started by the channel for its viewers in South Asia; Reason for launching the India special program; Advertising support received by the program.
- Govt static for pay TV licensees. Bilan, Rica // Telecom Asia;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p20
Reports that pay television licensees in Hong Kong, China, are still in negotiations with the Chinese government over licensing fees two months after licenses were announced. Number of pay TV licenses issued; Conditions set by the government in relation to pay TV licenses; Aims in the issuance...
- Latin love for pay TV could be fading. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;02/08/99, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the results of a study on pay television in Latin America. Growth of the market; Effects of currency devaluation on the United States cablers; Increase in advertising sales.
- Hong Kong's pay TV reform hits bumps. Hansen, Jeremy // Daily Variety;11/01/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 43, p8
Reports on developments concerning pay television in Hong Kong, China. Percentage of the population catered to by the television service; Television companies that provide pay services; Impact of political events on the status of pay television in the country.