Cox, ESPN Hope to Make Memories
- Sports Model Is Broken, Robbins Tells Cable Forum. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;4/7/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the problem faced by the president and chief executive officer James Robbins of the U.S.-based company Cox Communications Inc. due to rising programming fees. Comments of a spokesman of the cable television network Entertainment and sports Programming network on the business of Cox...
- Cox-ESPN: Barbs, Talks Ensue. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the dispute between Cox Communications Inc. and ESPN. Statements released by both parties at the Credit Suisse First Boston Media and Telecom Week conference; Proposal of ESPN for rate increase; Negotiation between Cox and ESPN on rate increase.
- Cable picture still fuzzy as issues loom. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/28/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 17, p6
Reports developments related to cable television in the U.S. as of October 28, 2003. Response of cable operators on the report on cable pricing; Threat on the negotiation of Cox Communications Inc. with ESPN; Impact of ESPN on the services of Cox.
- Cox, ESPN are Still Dueling. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p3
Discusses the dispute between cable television network ESPN and multiservice operator Cox Communications Inc. over license fee increases imposed by ESPN. Plan of Cox to drop the ESPN network; Action taken by ESPN against Cox; Remarks from Cox CEO Jim Robbins.
- GAO report could trigger cable ruling. Miller, Holly // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the issues on the negotiation of cable operator Cox Communication Inc. with cable programmers ESPN and Fox Sports in New Orleans, Louisiana. Proposal of cable programmers to increase the fee of cable operator; Threats of the cable programmers on the expansion of the cable operator;...
- ESPN tackles Cox in cost dispute. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;10/24/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the dispute between broadcasting firms Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) and Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. Cable industry's costly digital upgrade; Increase in cable rates; Cox's launch of a Web site that explains their dispute with ESPN.
- MCN Online Poll Results. // Multichannel News;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p53
Presents the poll results on the outcome of the Cox-ESPN struggle in November 2003.
- THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the conflict between ESPN and Cox Communications related to the increase in sports programming costs as of October 2003. Findings of the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) on license fees for sports-related networks; Factors that contributed to the increase in cable rates; Demands...
- MCN Online Poll Results. // Multichannel News;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p49
Presents the results of the online survey on which party benefited from the renewal of the license agreement of ESPN with Cox Communications Inc. and Charter Communications Corp. as of March 2004.