Court's Genre-Based Valentine
- Fox family has October due date for Girlz, Boyz. Bednarski, P.J.; McConville, Jim; Hall, Lee; Shaw., Russell // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1A
Presents news items concerning the United States cable industry as of December 7, 1998. Includes Fox Family Channel's launching of its two digital networks, the Boys Channel and the Girlz Channel, in October 1999; Programs the will be unveiled by Court TV in January 1999; Launch of Fanfare: The...
- Court Takes Brand on Road. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the Seriously Entertaining prime-time programming tour launched by Court TV in an effort to create local advertising and promotional opportunities for its local cable operator affiliates in the U.S. Highlights of the tour; Potential benefits of the event to the network's branding...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;1/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
Presents information on the ratings achieved by several U.S. cable television networks as of January 9, 2006. ESPN; CourtTV.
- TV or not TV. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on the efforts of cable television networks Court TV and C-Span to gain approval for the coverage of terrorist trial in the United States. Reason of the networks for insisting television coverage of the trial; Concerns on the effects of the coverage on court proceedings; Worries on the...
- Court TV Takes Its Case to Cellphones. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;8/1/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the deal between cable television Court TV and mobile company Smartvideo in August 2005. Importance of the contract to the performance of the cable network; Importance of the deal to television viewers in the U.S.; Significance of the contract to the marketing plans of Court TV.
- COURT TV'S NAME PROVES A TRIAL. Martin, Denise // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p20
Deals with the growth plans of U.S. cable television operator Court TV in May 2005. List of the newly-launched television programs of the cable television company; Reaction of the advertisement industry to the decision of the company to undergo a brand split; Interest of Time Warner in...
- Networks Love Genre-Based Lineups. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p34
Presents the views of cable television networks in the U.S. on the concept of grouping networks by genre. Information on the test being conducted by Comcast Cable in line with grouping networks by genre; Impact of grouping networks by genre on subscribers; Initiative of Comcast in line with...
- Peacock sibs mix Court date. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/5/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 8, p6
Reports on cable-broadcast crossovers of Court TV with NBC in the U.S. Details of the TV series "Forensic Files"; Views of cable networks MSNBC and CNBC on running the program on NBC; Information on TV programs jointly produced by Court TV and NBC.
- Bickering owners' court disaster. Dempsey, John // Variety;11/10/97, Vol. 369 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the prospects of selling the cable television network Court TV. Court TV owners' imposition of restrictions on the Court TV sale; Non-media hesitation in purchasing Court TV as a stand-alone network; Scuttlebutt on a Court TV acquisition by Wassertein Perella; Court TV's projected...