PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- NAMIC Draws Top CEOs to Conference. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p70
This article focuses on the 18th annual conference of NAMIC. The conference, which will be held at the Westin Hotel in New York starting September 19. will feature unprecedented CEO roundtable sessions that will include some of the top MSO and programming executives, including Time Warner Cable...
- WHO'S WHO: TWC'S MANAGEMENT TEAM. // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p30
The article lists members of the management team at cable company Time Warner Cable Inc., including Glenn Britt, Landel Hobbs, and Robert Marcus.
- On Demand Summit: The State of VOD. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p21
Information about topics discussed at the On Demand Summit 2.0 organized by Multichannel News and Broadcasting and Cable on how Time Warner Cable Inc. developed video subscription in New York City is presented.
- Britt Will Keynote Texas Show Touting 'Power of Platform' Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p10
Reports that Glenn Britt, chairman and CEO of Time Warner Cable, has committed to be the keynote speaker at the CableConnects 2004 Regional Broadband Conference and Expo. Topic of the speech of Britt; Dates set for the convention; Other leaders in the cable television industry who will...
- Media firms keep pink slips coming. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;2/5/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 23, p1
The article reports that media and entertainment firms in the U.S. have continued to announce job cuts since the beginning of the year 2009. Time Warner Cable Inc. has announced that it will eliminate 1,250 positions in the coming weeks. Jobs have also been eliminated by companies such as Warner...
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;03/13/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p6
Presents news briefs related to mass media in the United States as of March 13, 2000. Extension of the retransmission negotiations of ABC with Time Warner; Decline in the stock of Procter & Gamble; Planned retirement of Representative Tom Bliley, chairman of the House Commerce Committee.
- BREAKINGâ€¦. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 30, p5
Presents news briefs on the U.S. mass media industry as of July 26, 2004. Termination of the joint venture between Belo Corp. and Time Warner Cable; Appointment of Chuck Thompson as senior vice president of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau.
- BEST OF MULTICHANNEL.COM. // Multichannel News;8/1/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p28
The article offers news briefs related to U.S. mass media. The departure of Mark Rosenthal as Current TV LLC chief executive officer (CEO) was confirmed by a company spokesperson on August 28, 2011. Time Warner Cable Inc. and Rey Ramsey, co-founder and chairman of One Economy organization will...
- FATES & FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 39, p26
Presents an update on personnel changes in the U.S. media industry as of September 29, 2003. Additions to the board of directors of WHYY-TV station in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Promotion of Brian Benschoter at Time Warner Cable Inc. in Austin, Texas; Appointment of Mike Cerre at ABC News.