- Station reduces sports, weather in newscasts. // Electronic Media;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p21
Reports the revision of the television programming of KCOP television station in Los Angeles, California. Reduction of sports and weather newscasts; Modification of the standard local news format; Production of one hour news each day.
- WTNH's digital strategy. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;11/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p45
Reports on the digital strategy of New Haven, Connecticut-based WTNH-TV. Use of digital spectrum to broadcast weather and sports information in addition to regular programming; Maintenance of three channels.
- Weathering the local news. Frohlichstein, Tripp // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jun2004, Vol. 34 Issue 267, p8
This article focuses on developments pertaining to the television broadcasting of news programs in the Saint Louis, Mississippi area, reported as of June 2004. The author congratulates all three news stations for their extensive weather coverage in late May 2004. Although some people complained...
- Ray of Hope. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;7/7/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 26, p13
The article focuses on the effect of hurricane and baseball to the viewing rates of various television stations in Tampa, Florida. WFTS station's latest edition of the annual AccuWeather Guide, featuring evacuation routes and severe-weather information, is distributed for free. WTVT, boasts five...
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 187, p3
The article states that Cox has added real-time traffic data to local forecasts on The Weather Channel and Weatherscan in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- From This Clay. McCarthy, Thomas J. // America;05/15/99, Vol. 180 Issue 17, p6
Criticizes television's approach to weather reporting. Comment on the histrionics of television weathercasters; Concern about the superfluousness of weather presentation.
- Television station weather-persons' winter storm predictions: An informal look. Trinkhaus, John // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug94, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p65
Presents a limited enquiry during the winter of 1993-94 suggesting that television weather-persons' pronouncements of their predictions' accuracy does not appear to be supported by facts. Percentage of claimed correctness of forecasting.
- L.A.'s Extreme Team. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/11/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p10A
Reports on the increasing interest of television channel Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) and channels in adventure sports event 'X Games IX' in Los Angeles, California as of August 11, 2003. Revelation that ESPN, ESPN2 will supply more than 20 hours of coverage from August...
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;9/30/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p2
Presents updates on mass media in the U.S. as of September 2002. Viewership ratings of the 2002 Major League Baseball television coverage; Plan of ESPN cable sports channel to launch a high-definition simulcast service; Details of a legislation on the royalties of webcasters.