Heeding Nature's New Call
- Nat Geo Turns to Storytelling. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p10
Reveals the plans of National Geographic Channel (NGC) to explore new territory in terms of its programming with shows that focus on dramatic storytelling and with a push into new turf including science and technology. Comments from John Ford, executive vice president of programming; Lineup of...
- WCVB Offers Guarantees. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p31
Highlights the potential proliferation of ratings guarantees in Boston, Massachusetts as of November 2003, one year after the inauguration of Nielsen's local people meter in the city. Issues on the decision of WCVB-TV to release ratings guarantees for its entire schedule; Criticism on the diary...
- 'DAG' NABBED IT. // Entertainment Weekly;12/01/2000, Issue 571, p79
Presents the ratings of various television programs in the United States as of December 1, 2000.
- The Ratings. // Entertainment Weekly;6/20/2003, Issue 715, p65
Presents the ratings of several television programs in the U.S. for the week of June 2-8, 2003.
- THE CHAT PACK. // Entertainment Weekly;10/24/2003, Issue 734, p95
Presents an update on television ratings in the U.S.
- The Ratings. // Entertainment Weekly;2/4/2005, Issue 804/805, p125
Presents information on the ratings of several television programs in the U.S. from January 17 to 23, 2005.
- The Chart THE RATINGS. // Entertainment Weekly;2/20/2009, Issue 1035, p61
The article lists the top-rated television programs for the week of February 2-8, 2009 including "American Idol," "60 Minutes," and "House."
- Nielsen Primetime Ratings Report. // Daily Variety;3/5/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 42, p8
The article presents charts depicting television program ratings for the week of February 25-March 2, 2008.
- Ratings attacked as `hopelessly vague'. Fleming, Heather // Broadcasting & Cable;2/17/97, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the results of the Parents Television Council's evaluation of the age-based television rating system in the United States. Inconsistency of the rating system; Call for a content-based ratings system; Response of the National Broadcasters Association.