Ready to Tout Ratings Gains
- Our Specials Tonight Are . . . Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p78
Introduces a series of articles related to the cable television industry in the U.S. which appeared in the April 26, 2004 issue of "Multichannel News" magazine.
- Cable Gets Into the Act in a Big Way. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p24
Highlights the proliferation of entertainment news programs in cable television broadcasting in the U.S. as of November 2003. Potential reason behind the interest of cable networks toward entertainment news programs; Structure of programming at E! Entertainment Television; Growth in the...
- 'Limited Series' Gaining Momentum on Cable. Hibberd, James // Television Week;12/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p20
Deals with the popularity of limited series television (TV) programs in U.S. cable networks. Features of limited series programming; Discussion of different definitions given for limited series programs; Advantage of the limited series label for TV programs.
- Discovery Tops Myers Survey of Ops. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p24
Focuses on findings of a survey by Jack Myers Report according to which Discovery Networks U.S. affiliate-sales force ranked as number one for the overall performance. Rating assigned to Discovery Networks out of a potential 100; Percentage of good/excellent rating received by Turner Networks;...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;2/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the decision by the municipal government in Taunton, Massachusetts to withdraw its proposed launching of cable TV service. Reason for the decision of the municipal government.
- Coen Watch: Cable TV. Coen, Robert; Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-20
Provides an outlook on cable television (TV) broadcasting in the U.S. for 1992. Reason that cable TV has more to look forward to than most other media industries; Expected increase in average unit prices for cable networks in 1992.
- CABLE FACES MULTIPLE CHALLENGES. Mermigas, Diane // Television Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p10
Discusses predictions on the challenges to be faced by the U.S. cable television industry in 2004. Efforts of the industry to offer new services; Concerns over the financial impact of the use of the pay-for-play business model by cable companies; Recommendations to video service businesses.
- CABLE'S INDIAN SUMMER. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p16
The article focuses on the popularity of the cable television networks during the summer season in the U.S. A study suggests that the industry has achieved its 10th-summer straight win over its broadcast rivals in household share. Despite the industry's success, the author argues that most...