Writer's works argue case against Alaska oil drilling
- Arctic Oil, Frozen Dialogue. // Christian Science Monitor;8/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 196, p10
Presents opinions on the 2000 United States presidential candidates views on oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge of Alaska.
- Should We Drill in Alaska? // Junior Scholastic;9/17/2001, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p5
Argues the viability of drilling oil and natural gas in Alaska. Percentage of the American citizens opposing to the oil drilling; Views of environmentalists on land and wildlife of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; Recognition on the need for additional energy sources.
- Oil debate in Alaska is all in a name. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;6/29/95, Vol. 87 Issue 150, p4
Discusses the conflict between oil development and environmental preservation due to the oil drilling project of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska. Debate on the subject; Details of the government decision to endorse oil drilling by the ANWR.
- In Alaska, Oil is Still the Issue. Campbell, Diana // Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the raging debate over whether or not to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil and gas exploration centers in Alaska. Impact of the drilling on the calving grounds of caribou; Proposal on the lease sale of the refuge; Development of alternative energy sources.
- Drilling Paradise Dry? de Seve, Karen // Science World;10/1/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p15
Provides information on oil as well as the plans of the United States government to let oil companies explore and drill inside the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Drilling Paradise Dry? // Science World (Teacher's Edition);10/1/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p2
Provides information as well as teaching materials for oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- To Drill or Not to Drill. // Science World (Teacher's Edition);10/1/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p5
Presents teaching materials for a classroom debate about oil well drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Oil Drilling in Alaska. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6/7, p161
Discusses the Congressional debate over the disposition of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska, which is also a potentially rich petroleum production source. History of the ANWR; President George W. Bush administration's plan to include oil and gas drilling to increase domestic...
- Beating the drum for caribou. Peale, M. // Sierra;May/Jun89, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p32
Reports that the Gwich'in people of the Arctic Circle, whose culture is imperiled by oil development, are trying to call attention to the dangers development would cause to the caribou herd which is the base of the Gwich'in's subsistence culture.