THE LITTLE GUY IN THE BIG SUIT
- From the Editor. Grimes, Owen; Miksch, W. F. // Saturday Evening Post;4/27/1946, Vol. 218 Issue 43, p30
The article presents letters from the editor of "East Harmony Beacon" in response to a libel filed against the periodical by Laeddiger Phromm, president of the East Harmony Poultry Co-operative, for publishing his photograph under the caption "EGG HEAD." The editor cites that no harm was meant...
- E-bytes. Kidman, Angus // Bulletin with Newsweek;1/21/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 6356, p69
Reports on a lawsuit filed in the Australian Supreme court. Charges made against international business publisher Dow Jones for defamatory article published on Joseph Gutnick on its web site; Details of the case; Discussion on the decision made in the case.
- The Comet and the Slander. J. J. D. // America;10/9/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 26, p689
The author focuses on the issue about Halley's comet and slander, as well as the editorial page of the "Scientific American" for the September 25, 1909 issue. He mentions that Halley's comet is a venerable slander on the Church to the effect that Calixtus III declared a Papal Bull against it. He...
- Off the Libel Hook: Behind the Penthouse ruling. Winter, Bill // American Bar Association Journal;Jan1983, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p23
Reports on the United States Court of Appeals' decision to set aside a jury verdict in the libel case against the periodical 'Penthouse.' Judge's ruling that the article in the periodical being questioned by the plaintiff was a complete fantasy and not about a living person; Libel lawyers'...
- Steven Kellar: apology. // Printing World;5/5/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 5, p3
Presents a correction to the defamatory statements against Steven Kellar published in the May 2005 issue of the journal "Printing World."
- HEADLINES. // Quill;Feb2003, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p3
Presents an update on the actions taken by the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) as February 2003. Plea of the SPJ to Hong Kong government not to threaten press freedom; Position of the SPJ regarding the defamation charges against a former Milford High School student; Recommendation of...
- PoliÄ Takes Off His Mask. Bevc, Vladislav // Liberal Forces in Twentieth Century Yugoslavia;2007, p122
A chapter from the book "Liberal Forces in Twentieth Century Yugoslavia: Memoirs of Ladislav Bevc" is presented. It focuses on Zoran PoliÄ, a well established communist minister in Slovenia. It says that PoliÄ and his co-defendants denied before the Sokol court of honor that they have...
- Libelled Prophet. // New Humanist;May/Jun2010, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the decision of the British Chiropractic Association to drop their libel case against author Simon Singh.
- Top Austrian gay group guilty of libel. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/25/2006, Issue 961, p35
The article reports on the judgment of the Vienna Regional Criminal Court on the libel lawsuit filed by Walter Tancsits, Austrian People' Party Member of Parliament against Homosexual Initiative Vienna(HOSI) and its general secretary, Kurt Krickler. The organization and its general secretary...