Morgan Keegan Hires Longtime Coastal Banker to Head Up New Houston Office
- Morgan Keegan Hires Schemmel. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p2
Reports on Morgan Keegan & Co.'s hiring of Stephen Schemmel as a senior vice president. Schemel's responsibility in developing the firm's fifth housing finance group.
- Morgan Keegan Hires Pugh to Open Office. Winsniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p6
Reports the hiring of George B. Pugh Jr. by Morgan Keegan and Co. to establish a public finance office in Charleston, South Carolina. Experience of Pugh in the financial industry; Professional background of Pugh; Expectation on the success of the investment.
- Morgan Keegan Set To Grow in St. Louis. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Reports on the plan of Morgan Keegan & Co. to build up its retail and brokerage office in St. Louis, Missouri by hiring public finance bankers in the area. Uncertainty of the specific time for hiring public finance bankers for the office; Interest of firm in the Missouri market.
- New Morgan Keegan Office Targets Northwest Arkansas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32387, p7
The article provides updates on the new public finance office of Morgan Keegan & Co. in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Firm officials hoped that its new office would help them to be a part of bond issues needed to finance infrastructure in the state. The new Morgan Keegan office has just one municipal...
- Munis Firmer; More Gains on Long End. Scarchili, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/3/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33178, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of September 2, 2009. According to a trader in New York, the market was slightly firmer as it picked up a basis point or two. Participants in the market include RBC Capital Markets, Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. and...
- Continuing Its Rebound, New Orleans' Tulane University Readies $165 Million. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/17/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32631, p6
The article reports that the Tulane University of Louisiana bargains its $165 million of bonds in an aim to regain its financial condition. For an alleged effective bond disposal, the deal will be sold with Morgan Keegan & Co. as underwriter and Foley & Judell as bond counsel. Further, the deal...
- Rob Baird Thrilled By Merger. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/26/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33704, p1
The article focuses on the goals of Rob Baird, head of public finance and debt investment banking at the new fixed income division of the company formed as a result of the merger of Raymond James Ltd. and Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. As stated, since the merger Baird's focus has been on combing the...
- Morgan Keegan Wins Competitive Louisiana Swap Worth $485M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32536, p5
The article reports on the completion of Louisiana officials of a forward interest-rate swap with Morgan Keegan & Co. It has been said that the transaction will allow the state to achieve significant savings to finance road and highway improvements. According to reports, Louisiana's swap enabled...
- Morgan Keegan list called `smoking gun' in Louisiana dispute. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p1
Reports that the Morgan Keegan and Company's inventory list was criticized by the East Baton Rouge and the Mortgage Finance Authority. Why the list was called `a smoking gun,' by Richard Sale, a partner in charge of institutional sales and trading at J.C. Bradford and Company; Description of...