Moody's: TennCare Changes Pose Threats to Health Credits
- Health plans face higher medical costs. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;12/04/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p24
Reports on the rate increase of the cost of medical goods and services covered by private health plans in the United States for the year 1999. Effect of the rate increase on the revenues of healthcare companies; Percentage increased on spending on drugs and hospital inpatient services.
- Health benefit expenses prompt new payment models. Walker Jr., David A. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Determines the increase of health care cost in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Impact of health benefit expenses on insurance market; Association of health with employee productivity; Variation of cost management techniques by employees.
- Ohio mandates pass-through of discounts. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb95, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p68
Reports that the Ohio insurance department released two bulletins that declare it unfair and deceptive for an insurer not to pass along health service discounts to patients. First bulletin's focus on contract limitations for annual or lifetime pay; Second bulletin's focus on health maintenance...
- Health care costs too high, leaving many uninsured. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p21
Discusses the implications of a report showing an increase in the percentage of New Yorkers without health insurance. Reminder for state lawmakers about the high costs of New York's health care; Remarks of Elliot Shaw, director of government affairs at the Business Council of New York State;...
- Firms prescribe new remedies for soaring health costs. Somasundaram, Meera // Crain's Chicago Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p3
Reports that employers in Chicago, Illinois, are looking at other ways to remedy soaring health costs. Permission for employees to buy their own health insurance; Elimination of group medical coverage; Impact of health care cost-cutting efforts on employee retention.
- Choosing the best scheme. Kok, Leon; de Bruin, Wilma // Finance Week;11/24/2000, p40
Presents tips in selecting medical aid plans in South Africa. Consideration of schemes with low cost increases; Importance of checking track history of administrators; Use of references from scheme members.
- Cost: How to reduce your insurance payments. Gibbons, Steffanie // New Mexico Business Journal;Jun95, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p12
Presents suggestions to business owners on how to curb rising health care costs and provide comprehensive benefits package for their employees. Hiring brokerage firms to aid employers in selecting health plans; Traditional indemnity plans; Preferred-provider organization plans; Point of service...
- State's health care crisis needs potent remedy. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/28/2003, Issue 323053, p24
Editorial. Comments on the continuing unresolved health care budget crisis in California. Percentage of Californians without health insurance; Increase in the health care costs; Need for the legislature and governor to address the medical coverage problems facing the state.
- DISCUSSION. // Infectious Disease News;Feb2012 Supplement, p18
The article presents questions and answers related to the cost of medication, insurance coverage and withdrawal of tesamorelin therapy.