Car Rental Tax OK'd
- Taxing tourists who arrive to drive. // Governing;Jan98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p47
Presents a survey relating to cities in the United States with the highest state and local rental car taxes rates.
- Sticker shock. Arrendell, Stephen // Travel Agent;9/18/95, Vol. 277 Issue 1, p36
Offers information for travel agents on advising clients about state and local taxes and surcharges applied to car rentals in the United States. Increase in fees imposed by car rental companies in summer 1995; Tourism industry groups' lobbying against additional taxes and surcharges; Reaction...
- Taxing rentals. Ng, Melissa // Travel Agent;2/5/96, Vol. 278 Issue 9, p28
Reports on developments related to taxation of rental automobiles in the United States. Local governments' efforts to tax tourism and travel industries; Car rental industry officials' comments.
- Test Your Park and Recreation Knowledge. // Parks & Recreation;Jan2016, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p61
A quiz concerning the type of tax under which the hotel-motel taxes, rental car taxes and sin taxes are considered, is presented.
- Tourism Industry Split Over Tax To Help Pay For Cubs Stadium. // AirGuide Business;2/22/2010, p2
The article reports on the move by travel agents to increase rental car taxes to raise funds in building a spring training stadium in Maricopa County in Arizona.
- Callaghan, Horiuchi and Overson are playing us all for suckers. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/17/97, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p18
Editorial. Comments on the commission form of government of Salt Lake County, Utah. Representative Richard Walsh's bill mandating reform in the Utah legislative session; Commissioners Mary Callaghan, Randy Horiuchi and Brent Overson's compromise agreement with Rep. Walsh; Dictatorial powers of...
- Ever Hear of the Voter Assistance Commission? Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;5/16/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 20, p5
Focuses on the creation of the Voter Assistance Commission in New York City. Duties and responsibilities; Enlargement of the electorate; Problems on voting registration.
- Whose advice should governor take on judges? Kenny, Jack // New Hampshire Business Review;12/12/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p1A
Speculates on the status of a commission established to make recommendations to the governor for filling judicial vacancies in New Hampshire. Selection of lawyers and laypersons; Nomination of people recommended by the commission; Refusal of Governor Craig Benson to communicate with the...
- East Providence Officials Glum Over Fiscal Overseer. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/22/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33637, p3
The article reports that officials of East Providence are upset on the appointment of a five-member commission by Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Chafee to oversee the finances of the city in 2011.