Puget Sound Transit Agency Readies $477M Sales Tax Issue
- MISSOURI: Metro Tax Vote on Hold? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32777, p9
The article reports that the St. Louis County Council was expected to pull out from the February 5, 2008 ballot, a proposal to raise the area's sales tax by a half cent to generate new revenue for operational expenses and capital spending for the region's public transit system, in Saint Louis,...
- Wash. Rest. Assoc. backs half-percent sales-tax increase. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/6/95, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p82
Reports on Washington Restaurant Association's support for half-percent increase in the sales tax paid on prepared food and beverages in King County, Washington.
- HCIA supports tax plan, disputes levee project. Woodard, Sara // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p6B
Reports that the Harvey Canal Industrial Association (HCIA) voted to support a proposal to extend the 1-cent Jefferson Parish sales tax until the year 2022. Plan for the tax proceeds; HCIA's discussion with the West Jefferson Levee District concerning plans to build flood gate across the Harvey...
- Spokane can't afford not to support Proposition 1. Lynch, Dean; Behring, Pamela // Journal of Business (10756124);9/12/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, pA4
Comments on the proposed increase in sales tax to preserve public transit in Spokane, Washington. Status of reserves used by the Spokane transit authority to fund public transit; Revenues from the proposed sales tax increase.
- Louisiana May Anoint Southern. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pN.PAG
Reports that the board for the Louisiana Baptist Foundation is considering whether to invest all or a portion of its assets in Southern Baptist Annuity Board of Dallas, Texas as of January 2002. Details of the investment; Reasons for the Louisiana Foundation's investing in the Dallas board.
- Referendum for sales tax hikes ready for voters in Little Rock. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p32
Reports on the referendum on sales-tax hikes in Little Rock, Arkansas. Use of the tax to pay capital improvements; Payment for operations; Budget of the city.
- Portion of Silver Line will run by year's end. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p6
The article informs that the new Silver Line rapid-transit bus in Cleveland, Ohio, will board its first passengers before the end of the year 2007. It states that the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority will begin to run existing buses along a 1.5-mile stretch of Euclid Avenue from East...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p2
The article presents information on the ridership details of the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority in Cleveland, Ohio, which was named the best public transit system in North America by the American Public Transportation Association. It is stated that the ridership has increased...
- Mass transit: `On or close to schedule.'. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Jan2000, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the traffic problems caused by mass transit in the United States. Texas Transportation Institute's study on the fuel wasted by motorists in 1999; Factors which led to the increased travel demand; Recommendations on how to solve traffic problems caused by mass transit.