M.R. Beal Hires New Executive, Senior Vice President
- The Smartest Guy In The Room. Simons, John // Black Enterprise;Jun2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p170
The article discusses the growth and profitability of M.R. Beal & Co., a minority-owned investment firm, under chief executive officer (CEO) Bernard Beal. A brief history of the company is given. The investment bank has been named 2011 Financial Services Company of the Year by the "Black...
- Taking a New Approach to Building Your Business. Hughes, Alan // Black Enterprise;Jun2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the annual ranking of the largest African American-owned businesses in the U.S. by the "Black Enterprise" magazine. The theme for 2011 is "Rethink Business" which also reflects in the 2011 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo in Atlanta, Georgia. It explains the...
- MEDIA MATTERS. Holder, Sherie // Black Enterprise;May2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p40
The article presents an analysis of the portfolio of Bernard Beal, chief executive officer (CEO) of New York-based investment bank M. R. Beal & Co. When he crafted his portfolio for "Black Enterprise" magazine in the spring 2006 issue, he chose stocks priced under $25 that held a clear potential...
- M.R. Beal Taps Jacob Alpert to Lead Muni Sales, Trading. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p7
The article reports on the appointment of Jacob Alpert as executive vice president and head of tax-exempt sales and trading efforts of M. R. Beal & Co., a New York-based investment Bank. Alpert will also lead a recruitment effort aimed at expanding the size of the company's current municipal...
- ON THE MOVE. // Black Enterprise;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p66
Presents an update on several African American executives as of May 2005. Appointment of Tamilyn Bonney at 20th Century Fox Licensing & Merchandising; Selection of Wayne Seaton at M. R. Beal & Co.; Inclusion of Regynald Washington to the board of directors of Concessions International LLC.
- PFM's Fisher Joins M.R. Beal to Head New Southeast Office. Desue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32097, p6
The article reports that M.R. Beal & Co. is on a mission to improve its presence in the underwriting business, and to facilitate that goal, it has hired senior managing consultant William Fisher to head up its first office in the Southeast. Fisher's hire follows another key recruitment by the...
- Despite Issues, Many Say Top ConVis Post Is A Choice Job. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;6/20/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the search for the replacement of Reint Reinders as CEO of the San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau in San Diego, California. Problem with the funding of the agency; Applicants considered for the post; Status of the plans to create a tourism-business improvement district.
- Managing risk in executive selection. Font, Louis E. // NACD Directorship;Jun2001, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p6
Offers tips on recruiting a chief executive officer (CEO). Problems in selecting a CEO; Benefits of selecting an insider for the job; Aspects that need to be assessed in a potential CEO candidate.
- Russell Investments names Pascal Duval as Emea chief. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;1/25/2012, p11
The article reports that Russell Investments has appointed Pascal Duval as chief executive officer (CEO) of its Europe, Middle East & Africa (Emea) businesses.