Deadline Today on National Benevolent Association Reorganization Plan
- Extension lets Station forestall bankruptcy. Knightly, Arnold M. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/8/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 23, pP13
The article reports on the postponement by Station Casinos of a bankruptcy filing after receiving a fourth extension in order for it to continue negotiating a restructuring plan. A prepackaged bankruptcy plan was proposed by Station in February 2009 that would let it restructure and cut about 50...
- Moody's to adopt revised scale. Evans, Melanie // Modern Healthcare;9/8/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p10
The article reports on the decision of ratings agency Moody's Investors Service to adopt a revised rating scale for tax-exempt bonds. For roughly a century, Moody's has graded the financial strength of tax-exempt bonds separately from corporate debt. The agency announced that analysts will...
- Investors in Utah May Lose Tax Exemption on Out-of-State Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/14/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31096, p1
Reports that investors in Utah may lose tax exemption on out-of-state bonds. Provisions of a bill Governor Mike Leavitt has considered signing; Assessment of taxes.
- Investors Look to Pacific for Triple Tax-Exemption. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;2/19/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F355, p1
Investors eager to buy triple tax-exempt debt have been turning to the Pacific Ocean territories of Guam and American Samoa, where limited tax bases and large debt loads create some risks reminiscent of Puerto Rico.
- Investors seek returns. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/27/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4712, p20
In this article the author reflects upon two distinct scenarios which will be faced by businesses operating in the hospitality industry of Great Britain in 2012. He states that one trend will provide an access for growth funds to sand-out companies and other which will force businesses to either...
- Henderson in talks to restructure Â£600m fund. Phillips, Mike // Estates Gazette;11/22/2008, Issue 846, p31
The article reports that Henderson Global Investors is negotiating with investors about the restructuring of its Â£600 million flagship property in Great Britain after the company breached loan covenants. Accordingly, the company is talking with investors who acquired bonds secured against...
- The supplier bargain that wasn't. // Automotive News;11/20/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6230, p46
The article reports that the gamble by Third Avenue Value Fund, by buying the $250 million debt of Collins & Aikman Corp. is looking like a $50 million bust. Third Avenue Value Fund, managed by well-known investor Martin Whitman, bought most of the debt soon after Collins & Aikman filed for...
- Bondholders Approve iPayment's Restructuring Plan. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;12/29/2014, p1
The article informs that bondholders of credit card processor iPayment Inc. have approved a restructuring plan, known as a distressed exchange, to decrase its debt by some 200 million dollar. It is noted that the plan calls for swapping two bond issues maturing in 2018 for new notes and equity...
- Bondholders May Thwart Airline Combo. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;05/01/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the opposition of stockholders to a restructuring plan proposed by Canadian Airlines Corp.