MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, February 24
- Munis Slightly Weaker as Treasuries Show Losses. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/29/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32621, p2
The article reports developments in the U.S. municipal market on November 28, 2007. According to the report, the municipal market was slightly weaker, following the Treasury market, and the traders found higher tax-exempt yields by one or two basis points. It shows that the durable goods orders...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, August 24. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Presents charts depicting economic indicators, including durable goods, new home sales, government securities prices, and municipal bond index in the U.S. as of August 24, 2005.
- Munis Slightly Firmer in Light Trading. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;12/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32766, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the economic data released, the November Institute for Supply Management's manufacturing index came in at 50.8 after a reading of 50.9 the previous month. Information about the performance of individual...
- Data-Free Day Leaves Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market following a stable Treasury market on a data-free day in the U.S. A 2.25 percent growth in gross domestic product, a 1.0 percent gain in durable good is forecasted by economists polled by IFR Markets. Nearly $385 million of...
- Durable Goods Orders Fall 0.4% in October. // Bond Buyer;11/29/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32621, p6
The article reports that the U.S. durable goods orders fall 0.4% in October 2007. According to the report, excluding transportation, orders were off 0.7%, and excluding defense orders fell 0.9%, showing widespread weakness. The report also shows that transportation and defense fell in two of the...
- Tuesday's Economic Indicators. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34401, p1
A chart is presented that lists economic indicators as of October 28, 2015, in the U.S. including the forecasts and actual indicators of durable goods, Durable Goods ex Trans and consumer confidence.
- IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;9/26/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32970, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. municipal bond market in 2008. The durable goods data of the market shows a trend toward weakness in August due to decreased orders at 4.5% in the month. Data shows that the manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's...
- Municipal Yields Fall; $444 Million Of N.Y.C. TFA'S Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p2
Reports on the reduction in municipal bond yields between three and five basis points in the U.S. on October 25, 2002. Two-day retail order period on 444 million dollars of New York City Transitional Finance Authority future-tax-secured bonds; Decline in durable goods orders; Other retail orders.
- Municipals, Treasuries Weaken As Durable Goods Surge. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bond prices in the U.S. on April 23, 2004. Decline in the Treasury market; Rise in durable goods orders; Statements by Dreyfus Corp.'s economist Richard Hoey on sustainable economic growth and corporate spending on capital goods; Outflows of municipal bonds,...