Munis Unable to Maintain Early Momentum, End Day Unchanged
- Munis Lose Ground After Greenspan's Remarks; $1,2 Billion in New Loans. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p2
Delves into the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of April 22, 2004 in the U.S. Amount of money gained in major new loans; Issue of inflationary pressures in the U.S. economy; Views of people regarding the economy in general.
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- Munis Firm a Bit Ahead of Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32585, p2
The article talks about developments in the U.S. municipal market. The author has stressed that the municipal market was slightly firmer on March 12, 2007 as participants looked toward a full slate of primary market issuance and potential market-moving data. According to traders, tax-exempt...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Mixed in Modest Calendar. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p40
The article reports that the Bond Buyer's yield indexes for the week ending March 23, 2006 were mixed. The performance was influenced in part by a modest calendar and some tender-option bond programs. As a result for some portion of the week, the municipal bond market slowed down. Weekly average...
- Munis Flat Amid Mixed Data, Focus on Primary. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32431, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market was unchanged in quiet trading as mixed economic data and minor losses in Treasury bonds had little effect on a tax-exempt buyer base that was mostly interested in new issues. The emphasis was on an $800 million sale by the Missouri Highways and...
- Three-Day Muni Rally Ends With Slight Weakening. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, William // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p2
Describes the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of November 18, 2005. Municipal yields; Factors that contribute to the attractiveness of municipal bonds; Average yield on the 10-year Treasury note.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, July 7. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of July 7, 2005. Government securities prices; Municipal Bond Index; Bond buyer's 30-day visible supply.
- Municipals End Little Changed As Traders Watch Progress of Katrina. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32207, p2
Reports on the impact of Hurricane Katrina on municipal bond market and on the prices of crude oil and treasury bills in the U.S. Increase in crude prices; Views of market participants on the prices of treasury bills and municipal bonds; Factors influencing investors' decision to add bonds to...
- Innovations in tax-exempt instruments and transactions. Petersen, John E. // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p11
The article first provides a brief description of major developments in the municipal bond market over the last decade that have caused changes in the design of instruments and the nature of transactions. After reviewing the nature of risk and returns in traditional tax-exempt securities,...